Thread: 2011 Silverado 5.3

Potential Tuner

Cool 2011 Silverado 5.3

After DOD failure replaced cam with Comp Cams stage 1 drop in non DOD and non VVT. My current tune runs "eh OK". It has decent top end and idle great "In Drive" but is very sloppy in park. It will drive on the highway great no issues but in town throws a PO157 and PO106 Attached are a file and a log. Any help is always appreciated. Silverado log 080621.hplas of 0612021.hpt

Are you still running rear o2 sensor with the factory exhaust?

I noticed that you turned off the cats codes P0420 and P0430 but left all the rear o2 sensor DTC's the same. If the cats are gone or you don't want to have rear sensor codes just disable them and the cat test in the exhaust tab of the engine diag. You need to turn off the cat diag test anyway if the cat codes are turned off.

Check the MAP sensor for proper readings, make sure it's within the spec of the sensor. It could be wiring related or a bad MAP sensor.

As for the idle, it may take changes the timing and idle airflow table. If you reference a stock file the base running airflow is not the same for park and in gear.

The over/underspeed spark corrections may need to come down so the swing isn't so far. Maybe something like -10 and +10 to help smooth the idle out. Play around with idle timing as well to see if it prefers 18 or 22 degrees, maybe something in between for a target.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Are you still running rear o2 sensor with the factory exhaust?

I noticed that you turned off the cats codes P0420 and P0430 but left all the rear o2 sensor DTC's the same. If the cats are gone or you don't want to have rear sensor codes just disable them and the cat test in the exhaust tab of the engine diag. You need to turn off the cat diag test anyway if the cat codes are turned off.

Check the MAP sensor for proper readings, make sure it's within the spec of the sensor. It could be wiring related or a bad MAP sensor.

As for the idle, it may take changes the timing and idle airflow table. If you reference a stock file the base running airflow is not the same for park and in gear.

The over/underspeed spark corrections may need to come down so the swing isn't so far. Maybe something like -10 and +10 to help smooth the idle out. Play around with idle timing as well to see if it prefers 18 or 22 degrees, maybe something in between for a target.

Potential Tuner
    I do really appreciate the feedback!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    just disable them and the cat test in the exhaust tab of the engine diag. You need to turn off the cat diag test anyway if the cat codes are turned off..
    man i wish we still had this option...