Thread: Where to start? Many mods on new build

Potential Tuner

Where to start? Many mods on new build

Recently rebuilt my LQ9 in my 1998 C5, bored over .030, flat top
    pistons. 243 heads, .660 dual springs. Torquer V4 cam, fast 92 intake, LS2 throttle body. Halltech CAI w, card style MAF. Long tube headers. Fore fuel rail, -8lines to aeromotive regulator and -6 return line. 60lb injectors(purchased on forum so dont know parameters)

I?m trying to get this thing running well enough to get it to the tuner because I think I am in over my head.

I?ve updated the MAF as directed by halltech, also went to injector rate and increased whole table to get initial cell to 60lb, from 28.8.

When starting, I get heavy backfires and car won?t stay running without feathering throttle if that even works. the backfires are more intense then I think typical as well.

Where should I start?

C5 Fuel Injector.hpt

Figure out what injectors they are. Just changing the flow rate to 60lb/hr doesn't help at all if the rest of the data is still made for the stock injectors.

Change the cylinder volume to match the new engine size.

It's probably going to need more base running airflow for the engine size increase and large camshaft.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Figure out what injectors they are. Just changing the flow rate to 60lb/hr doesn't help at all if the rest of the data is still made for the stock injectors.

Change the cylinder volume to match the new engine size.

It's probably going to need more base running airflow for the engine size increase and large camshaft.
    It gets more complicated by that, I think they are re-manufactured or I got bamboozled because if you look up the part number they are 33lb but he sent pics of bench test at 60