Thread: Stock 2016 Sierra L83 non-flex fuel help

Potential Tuner

Stock 2016 Sierra L83 non-flex fuel help

Hi there,

I'm new here and new to the world of tuning and english is not my first language so sorry in advance.
    I have a 2016 GMC Sierra without Flex Fuel. It is bone stock. I'm running mostly on 91 octane fuel which do not have ethanol but have to back on 87 with the price of 91 octane over 2$/liter. It has the Flex Fuel enable with the virtual sensor. Min and Max ethanol % set both at 10%. The Stoich AFR is set at 14,108 across the board. And I assume timing and fuel is set accordingly.

My questions is can I set the minimum % to zero and raise the Stoich AFR to 14.7 when at 0% and be good like that? Or do I need to adjust the timing and fuel table to get this to work properly?

I have no driveability concern at all. But I am curious if there is gain I can expect by getting the Flex Fuel working in that narrow range of 10%.Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Someone else with more experience in this area will hopefully chime in. But I will throw out an opinion from my limited knowledge.

I do not think you will see much difference in trying tune specifically the virtual flex fuel for 87 to 91 octane.

If your goal is better fuel economy and power then I would say choose 87 or 91 and leave the flex fuel settings alone. Put the time into tuning on the ignition timing, SOI, cam timing, and power enrichment.