Thread: Overkill 80mm TB problems

Potential Tuner

Overkill 80mm TB problems

Need help! My '14 CTS 3.6 is in limp mode & trans safe mode since installing the TB. I don't know where to go from here, and trying to get a response from Will at Overkill is impossible! Extremely disappointed, but glad I didn't buy their supercharger, cause customer svc is the worst I've ever experienced. I just purchased the car and have been so happy with it, and excited to do mods and Overkill has completely ruined it for me!

Potential Tuner
    There is a throttle body relearn procedure -- no tools necessary. Here's a copy-and-paste from a website for the GM-specific procedure:

1) Start the engine and let it idle in park for 3 minutes. During that period the idle may be higher idle than normal.
    2) After 3 minutes, turn the engine off and leave it off for 60- seconds.
    3) Start the engine again and let it idle in park for 3 minutes one more time. During these run periods you may see a check engine light. Scan for codes and if you get throttle body related codes, clear them.
    4) If the idle speed is still off, drive the vehicle at speeds above 44-mph and operate several acceleration and deceleration cycles. Then repeat step #3 one last time.

The idle should now be normal.

I hope this helps.