Thread: 06 z06 head/cam/longtubes o2 sensors intermittent

Tuner in Training

06 z06 head/cam/longtubes o2 sensors intermittent

Attached is the tune and log. Can't find any burned up wires and everything has continuity. O2 sensors decide to shut off randomly as far as I can tell. Maybe a heat thing with the longtubes as they didn't do this before installed and I had it tuned pretty well. Thanks for your time and help in advance.

after header wrap, o2s intermittent.hpl
    previous, maf3.hpt

02 delay needs to be addressed in the tune… if the sensor is dead it will constantly read roughly .447

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    02 delay needs to be addressed in the tune? if the sensor is dead it will constantly read roughly .447
    I need to allow more time for them to warm up? I'm not quite sure what this means. It will kick to open loop randomly and when the exhaust is quite warm.

Tuner in Training
    Okay so got the wideband hooked up appropriately but now having trouble pasting lambda by multiplying into the vve table. It seems to want to add weird crap rather than just paste special multiply correctly. Example- in the vve table current number is 1156 and lambda calls for 1.19 in the histogram. When I paste & multiply it adds 19 rather than multiplying 19% giving me 1175. I want to change the cells en mass by multiplying obviously. Is there a shortcut rather than multiplying each cell manually?

did u use beta or stable?
    sometimes its an software problem
    make sure you log in %

Tuner in Training
    20210615_172259.jpg

This is what I'm working with. When I paste special multiply shouldn't 1.19= +19%?

Tuner in Training
    didn't answer before- i'm using the latest stable. so got the vve pretty close by hand because i can't figure out for the life of me how to get the "special paste--->multiply percent" to work. drove it with o2's back on and while the colors aren't as bright (high error) the o2's still go rich and cut off to open loop. this has to be something easy i'm not seeing. they seem to kick off whenever.

o2's dying.hpl

previous, vve attempt, back to closed loop.hpt

eq error is the right way .
    If you got lambda 1.19 you are not 19% rich…this is a fuel trim value.
    You are much too lean at 1.19 ( over 1:17 ! )
    This gives overheating and an enrichment to save your catalytics.
    Im not sure, if I understand you right.
    Eq error is the difference between commanded and real afr. This is the percent you have to correct.

Tuner in Training
    Yes sir I understand that. I'm asking when I "copy with axis" from the scanner and then open up my tune in the vcm and try to "paste special ---> multiply" instead of it multiplying by 119%, it adds 19 to the fuel trim value. So for example if the vve cell value was 1000, instead of multiplying and getting 1190, it would add and put out 1019.

Why would you 'copy with axis' if the axis isn't different between the two tables? Don't do that.

Next, your chart in the scanner is displaying EQ ratio, not EQ ratio *error*. You're trying to take the EQ ratio and paste it in as if it were EQ ratio error. That won't work. You have to change your chart to show the amount of error between commanded and actual. That difference between the two is what's needed before you can paste it into the tune file.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Why would you 'copy with axis' if the axis isn't different between the two tables? Don't do that.

Next, your chart in the scanner is displaying EQ ratio, not EQ ratio *error*. You're trying to take the EQ ratio and paste it in as if it were EQ ratio error. That won't work. You have to change your chart to show the amount of error between commanded and actual. That difference between the two is what's needed before you can paste it into the tune file.
    Yes sir that table was not working correctly regardless. It didn't actually print anything. The one that I was using was titled "WB lambda error" or something similar and it printed out what you're talking about effectively. I'm having trouble copying into the editor is my problem now.

I did end up just going and manually changing a bunch of the cells in the vve in the editor with pretty good success. It runs a lot smoother now and I am very close to 1.00 just about everywhere. So I'm pretty happy with that rabbit hole.

Back to the title of this thread though - I was having trouble with the o2's cutting off randomly. It seems it was not random as I have an early e38 computer that was thinking my cam was misfires. I think the problem is in the 06 and 07 versions. I ended up maxing out the misfire tables and it runs great now. I guess with the addition of the long tubes the computer couldn't handle it anymore or something.

I appreciate you guys trying to help this moron figure out the problems that I mainly created myself!