Thread: can someone give me some info on tune please?

Potential Tuner

Unhappy can someone give me some info on tune please?

first off hows it going thanks for taking time to read and hopefully helping me out.
    So i have had my truck dyno tuned twice and i still have a reoccurring p0101 and p0300 flashing dtc's. my truck has idle issues going in reverse randomly and when i do some pulls from a roll or from a dig randomly when i come to a stop and idle it will chug and rpms drop then the ses will flash wont sent the p0300 mil but will store it cause i have the mil turned off my tuner didnt do that and i got tired of seeing it. just looking for a second opinion on what the tune looks like im lost.
    my truck is a 2004 gmc sierra 2500hd 4x4 leveled on mt 33's with a freshly fully rebuilt 04 lq9 6.0 electric fans upgrade mechman alternator dual battery and big 3 wiring upgrade with stock heads new oe intake manifold flexpalte and starter s&b intake with dry filter btr stage 2 cam long tube headers catless full exhaust with x pipe and dual 40's flowmasters the 4l80 is rebuilt with shift kit and a circle d billet 3400 stall deep hughes trans pan and upgraded trans cooler with fan brand new oe maf (replaced 3x) also new map and oil pressure sensor (both replaced 2x) smoke tested intake system no leaks transfercase is freshly rebuilt brand new oe thottle body all seals and gaskets have been replaced again since rebuild that are not internal to make sure they are sealing replaced the maf harness pigtail cause wiring was twisted at plug tested and found shorts or excess resistance from plug to ecm. any help please my tuner keeps saying tune is fine i have hardware issue not software/programming issue
    matt's pinky retune delete p0300 delta increased to 1.5.hpt
    the only things i have touched are turning off the p0300 dtc ses and i increased the delta air flow by 1.5 to stop the p0101 ses setting i will also add when things are running good the truck runs great mostly that is when dtcs are freshly cleared and i dont drive for extended periods again the issues are very random i can sometimes drive for 3-5 days no issue then sometimes its in the same day.
    Last edited by Escalante86; 06-13-2021 at 04:34 PM.

Senior Tuner
    The issue is in the tune. When you install an aftermarket cam the size of your Stage 2 cam, you have to desensitize the misfire settings. It won't take very much to fix the P0300 issue. There are several other areas that can be improved as well. I'd be surprised if you aren't maxing the injector DC % with those 6100 rpm shift points as well.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for your reply I agree looking at the misfire table I did notice he left a wide range in my tune for misfires it looks like he maxed out most but left a center in certain areas low I am new to this and wasn’t sure the reasoning he isn’t very talkative as a tuner and have very limited tuners in my area I kinda don’t question to much. I also was wondering about the injectors I had asked from the get go if I should look to upgrade I’m not scared to spend as I do all work myself. Any suggestions as to what I should do or change I will say this morning on the way to work I pulled in to lot and let it coast into spot and noticed it just straight shut off once I was coasting.

Senior Tuner
    Your misfire tables are all stock.

I'd increase the idle speed to 700 rpm and see how it idles. The min airflow table is awful high already. I wonder if the throttle body may have a little carbon on it, causing him to put large numbers in the airflow table?

Potential Tuner
    Throttle body and intake manifold are brand new wiped down every time I check them. I bumped the delta air flow by 1.5 after reading some posts on here dealing with the p0101 I know it’s probably a band aid but I was getting frustrated and had to try something. I’ll max out the tables I was questioning like your saying I kept looking and comparing the tables and I couldn’t figure out why he left them like that I’ve looked at several different tunes posted on here and see they all are maxed out or bumped way higher than my tables I figured he left this since it was dyno tuned.

Potential Tuner
    Got any injector suggestions for my setup if and when I get this thing sorted out I want to step up to a lsa supercharger from boosteddistrict.com

Senior Tuner
    A minimum of 50 lb/hr injectors...depending on the boost level. Stock LSA injectors would work, but if you have the budget, some Injector Dynamics injectors in the 50-60 lb/hr range would work nicely for pump gas.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks I’ll try the adjustments you suggested appreciate the help I’ll update with findings as they come

Potential Tuner
    Tried the adjustments you recommended so far so good man did some rolling and dig wot pulls no issues after each time always able to coast and sit idle right after no issues. I’m going to set the delta air flow table back to original settings soon to test and see if the issue is completely gone. Thanks again @kevin87turbot I really appreciate the input.