Thread: 2004 vin

Potential Tuner

Question 2004 vin

Did some what of a search. read the stock tune in my 04 and hp said it needed a vin so put vin into the require blank field to license the tune. wrote a tune and now the ecm is bricked!Will not read write or even run. put a later ecm in and runs so know it is the vin that caused it.how to fix without buying a ecm.thanks

Might try change vin function if there is one in the drop down menu in the editor. Otherwise a stock reflash via ids May get the pcm back online

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
    Might try change vin function if there is one in the drop down menu in the editor. Otherwise a stock reflash via ids May get the pcm back online
    Well i guess i have a brick! Not to happy with HP rite now. first no emission stuff now ,would not let me write a tune since the pcm did not have a vin in it. EVEN thou it is the factory installed pcm. put vin it and bricked it. How else is HP going to screw me??

Had your stock pcm ever been tuned with a plug in tuner previously? Many times the OS or VIN is masked as a way of locking it. This could have something to do with your issue. Also if your batteries are not in good shape you can lose or corrupt a write. Pretty rare to brick a pcm but it can happen. I?ve been oem programming and performance tuning for over 17 years and have only ever lost 3 pcms in that time. Never any while tuning only during oem updating or programming. Voltage is important as well as good connection to internet as well as having a up to date lap top to go with it.

Potential Tuner
    new batteries that are or were fully charged. also have a battery charger that supplies constant volts hooked up. and no still factory tune in pcm tcm and ficm.

Potential Tuner
    I have been tuning cars since 2000 and this is the first one that has done this.But it is also a diesel. what I have seen in the tuned cars is some funky letters and numbers when tuned. not what this one had. Also first diesel on this version was tuning on the older versions before.