Thread: TrackAddict Data Collection Failure with Screen Off

Potential Tuner

TrackAddict Data Collection Failure with Screen Off

I'm trying to work out why I've been losing GPS and OBDII data on my recorded sessions.

GPS and OBDII are marked as OK when I start a recording. I'm using the Segment option with External storage and the stage segments being run are between 15-20 minutes in length. Every CSV generated has data for 10 to 30 seconds, then stops, then sometimes picks up a few seconds of data timestamped towards the very end of the recording. I have to turn my phone screen off because many of these sessions are at night and it appears that when I do that, Track Addict still runs the video and timer portions of the recording, but kills GPS and OBDII data. They then pick up again when I turn the screen back on after the finish line to stop the recording.

There are no power saving modes turned on on the phone (Galaxy S21) and this dropped data behavior is the same as my old Galaxy S10. The app does not have any restricted permissions set. Anything simple I can do to fix this? I see the below in the user guide, but it'd be nice if there's a magic permissions switch instead of putting a hood over my phone so it doesn't blind me on night stages:

Keep this app active on the screen while recording. If the app is put into the background or the screen is turned off, your session recording and timing will be less reliable, and it will often block video recording and some other features.

Thanks
    Last edited by chally72; 06-14-2021 at 12:34 PM.