Thread: Logging Cuts Out When I Go Into Gear. LQ4 4L80E

Potential Tuner

Logging Cuts Out When I Go Into Gear. LQ4 4L80E

Hey guys,

I'm having some issues trying to log while driving. Whenever I go into any gear that isn't park the scanner freezes and stops showing any data being logged. When I look back at the log file all the data slowly starts to drop off evenly right after I had put it into gear. Is this a sensor issue, or a software issue? Engine and trans are LQ4 with a cam and a stock 4L80E.

Any suggestions would be great.

Cutout starts at 40 sec.

EDIT: No luck yet. Anybody have any magical solutions for me? Or even a place to start looking?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lars Dijk; 07-06-2021 at 05:46 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I'm not one of the gurus on this forum, but have had a similar situation (and I have the same setup - LQ4 / 4L80E)

I have the MPVI v1 Pro, which allows logging without the laptop.
    First couple of times, it logged just fine. Then I added a bunch of additional parameters, and it stopped working (although I didn't trace mine specifically to putting the truck in gear, like you did). I figured it was a buffer overrun, as the Pro OBD plug has a finite amount of memory (I had just about everything selected).

I can still log in the traditional way (laptop connected), so I didn't pursue it. But if you are using the Pro & remote logging... maybe this will help you track it down further.
    Oh, and AFAIK, I had the latest firmware, etc., installed. I'm using the v3.16 (?) software on the laptop for my own tuning, which was the latest 3.x version at the time.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars Dijk View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm having some issues trying to log while driving. Whenever I go into any gear that isn't park the scanner freezes and stops showing any data being logged. When I look back at the log file all the data slowly starts to drop off evenly right after I had put it into gear. Is this a sensor issue, or a software issue? Engine and trans are LQ4 with a cam and a stock 4L80E.

Any suggestions would be great

Cutout starts at 40 sec.
    ........Maybe USB Cable?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TowinDaLine View Post
    I'm not one of the gurus on this forum, but have had a similar situation (and I have the same setup - LQ4 / 4L80E)

I have the MPVI v1 Pro, which allows logging without the laptop.
    First couple of times, it logged just fine. Then I added a bunch of additional parameters, and it stopped working (although I didn't trace mine specifically to putting the truck in gear, like you did). I figured it was a buffer overrun, as the Pro OBD plug has a finite amount of memory (I had just about everything selected).

I can still log in the traditional way (laptop connected), so I didn't pursue it. But if you are using the Pro & remote logging... maybe this will help you track it down further.
    Oh, and AFAIK, I had the latest firmware, etc., installed. I'm using the v3.16 (?) software on the laptop for my own tuning, which was the latest 3.x version at the time.
    Ill try cutting the PID's down and see if that does it but I'm not confident. I'm using the MPVI2 so its all computer logging for me. Also I'm using the latest firmware.