Thread: Tt '20 gt instable idle

TT '20 GT Unstable idle

Decided to start a new thread for my different issues.

I have the car driving well and WOT is doing what it is supposed to.
    Went to the track on saturday and went 10.76@136mph with a 1.97 60 foot. 3200 DA.

Next on my list is the up and down idle the car has. My cams sit pretty flat but my spark is constantly up and down. Not really sure what to attack first in finding the issue.

JAMES GEN3 050. BORDERLINE MAX 93 OCTANE.hpt

IDLE LOG1.hpl
    Last edited by JamesTheriot; 06-14-2021 at 06:19 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't looked at your files but you don't want your cams to sit flat. If by flat you mean IVO 0 EVC 0. Stable idle is IVO 20 or 30* with EVC resting at 0. I can look at your file in a few hours to help narrow it down and give a solution.

Senior Tuner
    Raise your idle> torque> feed back, upper limit to 875rpm.
    Last edited by murfie; 06-23-2021 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Raise your idle> torque> feed back, upper limit to 875.
    I looked for it but I only found feedback>max correction which shows a maximum setpoint of 221 lb ft. Are you saying I should max it out?

Advanced Tuner
    Hitting idle limits. Increase your Idle RPM Max Set point in Idle > General in gear and park.

Advanced Tuner
    My understanding is that the Inverse Torque table determines the throttle opening at idle. From there, spark is used to control the exact idle speed. If the throttle is too far open, then the timing winds up 20-40 deg to control idle. When around 30 deg, the spark timing doesn't affect idle torque very much or very well due to torques response and hitting a de facto limit MBT. The idle spark should be 10 or less deg. In order to get that, the throttle needs to be more open. To get the throttle more open, the Inverse Torque table values should be increased for the appropriate Mapped Point (I think MP1 in your case), rpm, and torque demand.

I've had luck getting ghost cam tunes to idle using this method, since the high overlap mapped points do not have the idle air flow appropriately specified for idle control.