Thread: 2014 Mustang time to get into DFCO

Tuner in Training

2014 Mustang time to get into DFCO

Hello, im trying to work on my throttle reponse/drivers feel. Throttle on is pretty dialed in but I cant seem to tune out the lag when throttle is off before it goes into Decel fuel cut off. It does engine brake but then when it goes into DFCO it engine brakes even harder. This transition seems to take .5-1 second. Is there any way to make it DFCO as soon as it sees throttle off or does this need to be done through dashpot tuning and turning off the torque decel management? I hear the Ford racing track cal tunes had this on point, if anyone has insight on how they did this that would be awsome. Thanks.
    Last edited by Admir101; 06-14-2021 at 07:29 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Check out 44494 and 44495, decel fuel cut ramp on and ramp off time.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks I saw those, even at 100 which is the max value there is some time before it enters. I think this is maybe how aggressive it enters dfco?

Advanced Tuner
    That might be tip-out detonation control, I don’t recall the table numbers though (posting from phone).

Tuner in Training
    Ok thanks I'll look for that, also tip out spark is maxed out from the factory at 60 degrees. I'm assuming this would be advanced correct? Im not sure if it even uses this with torque based decel.

Advanced Tuner
    Yea, not sure if that would be helpful anyway.

I was thinking the decel stuff in the fuel->transient tab, I've never played with those though... So you might have to try some experimentation.
    My guess is that you'd have to play with the time constant (32810).

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I'll play around with the transient time constant and report back. I will say that turning tip in management and the oscillation off did wonders for the pedal feel. Not sure why ford had this on in the first place.

Advanced Tuner
    Softer fuel and spark on accel helps keep things safe and reliable, that's my guess anyway.

Advanced Tuner
    Like what was mentioned, populate the spark decel table. I recommend leaving the idle column at 60 to help idle. But above that, you can set the next few columns to 10*. The last column to 18*. Just a starting point for you. When adjusting this table, make sure to include light throttle, low mph, low rpm driving in your logs for you to review.. You can create a very very sensitive on/off throttle in that area with this table. This table can also cause Rev hang or the car to "drive itself", no decel will occur and it will coast. I do use this table in all s197s. Those are just possible issues that would need some more tuning.
    You can adjust your torque ratio tables too.

With this table set at the stock 60*, it allows the car to use torque ratios for decel, could be throttle, fuel, spark or a mixture of all three. With this table populated, decel has timing to follow.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info, I will definitely give it a shot and try tuning this table then.