Could someone give me some advice?
    2009 Silverado 1500 4x4 LC9 5.3, 6L80E, 3.42 gears. 32" tires
    I Deleted DOD/AFM,
    Installed;
    Texas Speed Stage 2 truck cam, LS7 lifters, LS6 Springs,
    Shorty Headers,
    Banks Engineering Monster exhaust with factory Cats,
    Banks Engineering Ram Air CAI.

Truck is doggier than factory. Idles good but no low/mid power.

Thanks, I really appreciate any help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by terrylarson; 06-14-2021 at 07:23 PM.

You'll need to get a wideband oxygen sensor for tuning just so you know. AEM sells a OBD2 wideband that is plug and play with HP Tuners, lots of us use them.

The tune is rich at cruising speeds per the fuel trims, it's removing fuel just about all the time. So you'll need to address that.

Power enrichment and timing aren't in your favor.

The PE settings need to change to make more power and have better response. Raise the MAP kpa enable to 80kpa, lower the HOT pedal enable to 60%. Lower the rpm enable from 5,000rpm down to 1,500rpm.

Take the EQ ratio make the 3,000rpm cell of 1.195 run all the way out to redline. Everything above 3,000rpm is starting to get too rich because that is still the factory settings that make it go all the way down to high 10's for air fuel ratio. It's going to make better power around 12.0 to start with.

Timing at full throttle is low, you should be able to run 20-25 degrees of timing pretty easy but currently you are down in the mid teens. The log file is missing knock retard, injector pulse width avg for both banks and cylinder airmass that you need for logging. If it's not pulling much knock you'll need to add timing to the high octane timing table where needed.

Disable burst knock under the Retard section. The base vs cyl air delta table can be zero'd out.

Under torque mngt, raise the torque limit vs rpm for each gear way up. Something like 600+ ft lbs or whatever.

Do those changes, add that stuff to your logs and see what it's like. As well as get a wideband for fine tuning the air fuel ratio's.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner

Thanks!

Thanks, I really appreciate your help. Terry

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You'll need to get a wideband oxygen sensor for tuning just so you know. AEM sells a OBD2 wideband that is plug and play with HP Tuners, lots of us use them.

The tune is rich at cruising speeds per the fuel trims, it's removing fuel just about all the time. So you'll need to address that.

Power enrichment and timing aren't in your favor.

The PE settings need to change to make more power and have better response. Raise the MAP kpa enable to 80kpa, lower the HOT pedal enable to 60%. Lower the rpm enable from 5,000rpm down to 1,500rpm.

Take the EQ ratio make the 3,000rpm cell of 1.195 run all the way out to redline. Everything above 3,000rpm is starting to get too rich because that is still the factory settings that make it go all the way down to high 10's for air fuel ratio. It's going to make better power around 12.0 to start with.

Timing at full throttle is low, you should be able to run 20-25 degrees of timing pretty easy but currently you are down in the mid teens. The log file is missing knock retard, injector pulse width avg for both banks and cylinder airmass that you need for logging. If it's not pulling much knock you'll need to add timing to the high octane timing table where needed.

Disable burst knock under the Retard section. The base vs cyl air delta table can be zero'd out.

Under torque mngt, raise the torque limit vs rpm for each gear way up. Something like 600+ ft lbs or whatever.

Do those changes, add that stuff to your logs and see what it's like. As well as get a wideband for fine tuning the air fuel ratio's.

Potential Tuner

Definitely the right direction!

Thanks Again,
    I ordered the wideband, Your advice was absolutely correct. I added the parameters to scanner and recorded another log.

Quote Originally Posted by terrylarson View Post
    Thanks, I really appreciate your help. Terry
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    I know im late on the thread. Piggy backing off of 5FDP, under power enrich max out the Enrichment Rate to 2.0000. It will reach the EQ ratio faster.