Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgraded turboMustang ecoboost 10r80

Upgraded turboMustang ecoboost 10r80

Hi all I am, scheduled to tune a 2019 10r80 2.3 ecoboost with piping, intercooler, and a precision 520 hp rated turbo, I have yet to mess with an ecoboost however I do have experience with Fords N/a motors, trans and understand fueling, timing, load, tq tables, etc. If anyone is willing to point me in the right direction when it comes to this platform id greatly appreciate it as I have yet to even see a file read. As well as giving some advice on the power limits in terms of PSI I shall allow, as well as what values must be modified to compensate for the turbo upgrade.

Best Regards-Sebastian

Advanced Tuner
    tune1.hpt

Unless i accidentally wrote over this file it should be a stock one, ecoboost are quite different to tune from coyotes, you will be basically removing limiters in order to make more power.

dont obsess over the throttle closures, thats how the system deals with boost spikes

Tuner in Training
    Just out of curiosity i downloaded this file to look through it, it is indeed tuned! I actually used some of the settings you had in the trans. Portion and man it helped the shifting in my 2020 10r80 alot. From what i can tell it looks like this was a stock turbo setup on e30 blend. There many things in this tune that made me do research to learn more About it and why it was done. Thank you so much for posting this file. Im coming from tuning on cobb accesstuner and so many things look different and access is way higher with hp tuners. If I ever get hung up or confused, would it be ok if I directly asked you for your input?

anytime im having issues now with lowboost under low rpms

Tuner
    I just got my 2.3 in my Ranger dialed in pretty well. I'd gladly throw some input in if anyone has questions too. ( i was also coming from cobb AP in my 19 WRX. )

Tuner in Training

2020 mustang eco with nx2 and meth inj.

this is my most current tune file, I cant seem to get the burble working properly if someone wants to take a look and see what im missing. the engine has boostline rods and manley pistons and ford motorsport cams. also pte nx2 turbo 5 bar map sensor.

2020 NX2-93-5bar-43022 newest-burb-1.6cam bracketing.hpt

Tuner in Training
    you need to calibrate your tune calibration for the nx2, because its not reading airflow and airmass correctly and is basing everything off the stock turbo mapping.

Advanced Tuner
    your tune file wont open, was just curous how you did your cam settings with the ford racing cams
    Last edited by Bill88stang; 08-13-2022 at 11:47 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Honestly I tried a few different things, ultimately I ended up going back stock cam settings and raising idle speed to about 830rpms and upping the climate control idle settings to reflect about 850-870 rpms under the adders.

Tuner in Training
    after everything I tried as far as cam settings this was the best performing setup based on the cams themselves for idle and driving.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the info I appreciate it

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Thanks for the info I appreciate it
    for sure feel free to message anytime, if I come up with any updates to the cam tuning ill drop you a private message. I have halted the tuning process waiting for a turbo to come back from precision that they have updated for me. Hopefully that will be very soon. Im still trying to get the burble feature working the way I want. Every once in a blue moon it will work.

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds good thank you , hope you get it working like you want it

Tuner in Training
    Well I mean the setting I gave you got my car idling, like I wanted, and I still had to do WOT timing corrections to the tune. I tried all kinds of changes and variations recommended by others, but ultimately I was happiest with the stock cam profile settings. Ford told me thats what they recommend with a bump in rpms and some basic driving timing changes and wot timing changes. And some changes in cam phasing later in the rpms because the cams breath better. Wastgate tuning seems to be the magic on these cars and their turbos.

Advanced Tuner
    Would you happen to have a unlocked files I could peek at just so I could compare what you did cam phasing wise and timing just to give me a good basis for that info by any chance ?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Would you happen to have a unlocked files I could peek at just so I could compare what you did cam phasing wise and timing just to give me a good basis for that info by any chance ?
    hey sorry, I missed this. here is my latest revision. still trying to work out burble kinks on my end so i can just let off the throttle and get crackles. however the cam settings you seek are in this file. I have not bracket tuned the cams yet for peak low end and high end power. only tinkered with the exhaust cam advance/retard a bit.2020-ST-5Bar-trans.-meth-master tuneV2-3-tq rd fuel burb dfco.hpt

Tuner in Training
    i never could get the burble settings to work properly so I have been working an old school method, problem is you have to hover the gas pedal to get crackles. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by macAtak79 View Post
    hey sorry, I missed this. here is my latest revision. still trying to work out burble kinks on my end so i can just let off the throttle and get crackles. however the cam settings you seek are in this file. I have not bracket tuned the cams yet for peak low end and high end power. only tinkered with the exhaust cam advance/retard a bit.2020-ST-5Bar-trans.-meth-master tuneV2-3-tq rd fuel burb dfco.hpt
    macAtak79, is this tune updated for the NX2 speed density info?

Tuner in Training
    Negative this is stock turbo, i had to send my NX2 to precision for some repairs, im waiting for them to send me an upgraded version of the nx2. What do you need tune wise for the nx2?