Thread: DTC Readiness Monitors

Potential Tuner

DTC Readiness Monitors

Having issues knowing what codes correspond to each readiness test. I have a 2006 Corvette with a built LS7 (by the previous owner) and when I initially read the readiness tests, it shows every single one being "Complete". Issue being, it shows even the tests that aren't supported by this car being ready. The check station isn't a fan of that. When I go modify the DTC settings, I see that when I change the EVAP codes to be enabled, I can get that test to be incomplete, and same with the O2s, etc. I even downloaded a stock LS7 tune and compared the DTC settings to make sure they match. Even with matching settings, I still get "complete" on tests that this car does not support (such as A/C Refrigerant). Any ideas what might be causing this?

Got the tune file?

Potential Tuner
    Yeah I'll attach it here. It still has the EVAP codes disabled, but I didn't think that would cause it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You have "No MIL Light" on P0532 and P0533. On others you still have the SES checked.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    You have "No MIL Light" on P0532 and P0533. On others you still have the SES checked.
    Thank you for taking a look! I downloaded a stock 2006 LS7 tune from the tune repository and that is what was set for P0532 and P0533. Though I suppose I have no way of verifying if it really is a stock tune. Is that not the correct setting? I will play with it this afternoon and see what happens.

Advanced Tuner
    What does "SES" mean?

Service Engine Soon. Used interchangeably with MIL = Malfunction Indicator Light (NOT Mother-In-Law).

Potential Tuner
    Does anyone have either a tune that has all the appropriate DTCs enabled to have the readiness monitors show up? Or can anyone tell me tell me which ones are at least supposed to be supported by these engines? It is currently reporting everything as being enabled and available which the station of course said was problematic.

Edit: I changed all codes to their default settings based on a stock tune, and it still has systems that aren't supported by this car being reported as complete (unless the guy at the station was lying to me). Any advice on this?
    Screenshot_20210617-212521_Torque.jpg
    Last edited by kbatryn; 06-17-2021 at 11:49 PM.