Thread: Received Bad Tune

Potential Tuner

Received Bad Tune

I installed a ZZP CAI and High Flow Cat DP on my 2015 ATS 2.0T. I proceeded to get tunned at a shop which they are known for tunning Hyundai genesis 3.8 or 2.0T and I asked them if they would be able to tune a Cadillac ATS 2.0T since they used HP Tuners and they assured me they would be able to and that they had previously tunned an LTG 2.0T turns out they have basically no idea what they were doing and were just having the vehicle remote tunned. The car ran fine for about a good 15 min before I lost all boost and had to disconnect and reconnect my battery for the tune to enable and me to receive my boost back, the car would basically panic and throw itself into limp mode. The shop is now stating for a retune to return my stock tune they want $250 and they refuse to send me my stock tune as I went and purchased HP tunners MPVI2 and 2 credits to reflash a tune. I have uploaded the tune I pulled off the car so you may all look and play around with it and maybe can let me know where the tune is bad and how they messed up on it, I was wondering if anyone has a stock 2015 Cadillac ATS 2.0T rear-wheel-drive automatic 6-speed tune that I can reflash on to my car to at least make it useable again as with the current tune the car is unreliable and I'm afraid something is gonna break with it.

UPDATE: I cannot upload the tune file as for some reason the forum is not uploading the file I acts like it does then closes the upload window.
    Last edited by ATS_Keshi; 06-16-2021 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Update

Potential Tuner
    That's a bummer. Looking in the Tuner Repository, there is 1 person that uploaded a stock 2015 2.0T automatic file (it does not state drive type). Maybe that can help you until you get your situation figured out.

Advanced Tuner
    Found this in the repository for a 2015 ATS 2.0T with the automatic trans...2015 ATS 2.0T AT.hpt
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Potential Tuner
    Forsure I downloaded it I heard that sometimes the ?stock? tune on the repository isn?t actually stock so I wanted to see if I could find one someone can confirm is stock so I could compare them but it?s better then having nothing to go off if I appreciate the help thank you

Potential Tuner
    I appreciate that I pulled a stock tune from the repository I just wanted to compare it with a known stock tune so I could make sure it?s not modified at all I appreciate the help and I?ll use the file you gave me to help compare

Advanced Tuner
    HPTuners repository files are indeed stock. Considering they are the ones that get into the computers for us, I'm pretty sure they know what they're talking about. And they have removed all non stock files from the repository.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Potential Tuner
    OKay that's reassuring to know I appreciate all the help