Thread: Huge data spikes in tables after VVE tuning

Potential Tuner

Question Huge data spikes in tables after VVE tuning

I have a 2014 Sierra with the 5.3L. Engine is stock. Still, I decided to try to do a bit of street tuning just to optimise it.

So I made some change using the VVE tool, using data from my logs of course. VVE table looks good. But when I go in Engine -> Airflow -> Speed density -> VE Coefficients and check individual tables, I see huge spikes in the values and I wonder if I should try to smooth them manually.

Here's my VVE table:
    VVE.png

And then here's the VE Coefficients Constant table, with my current tune:
    VE_constant_tune.png

And this is the stock one:
    VE_constant_stock.png

and the difference between the two:
    VE_constant_diff.png

So the stock table has a valley that goes down to -1238. My tune goes down to -14,000! I also have a peak at 12,000, and another one at 7846...

Same thing goes for the MAP, MAP2 and RPM tables. Here's the MAP difference, for example:
    VE_map_diff.png

This one hits a difference of 31,500 and -28,000 !!

This seem like a awful lot, compare to stock values that won't go past 6,000.

What would you recommend?

Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Nevermind... I found out by myself. Thought I'd leave it here if anyone else have the same question.

I've went ahead and smooth out the spikes in the VE coefficient tables. Then I went and took a look in the VVE table editor, and the values were off. It created a big bump in the 3D curve.

So I guess VE coefficients are what they need to be to get the desired results out of the ECM calculations.