Thread: "Trans Trunc" torque source with spanish oak FRPP control pack

Potential Tuner

"Trans Trunc" torque source with spanish oak FRPP control pack

I have an FRPP control pack running a 3V 4.6 and have been hitting a "trans trunc" torque source right before the engine starts making boost. It starts going lean right before what would would be peak N/A load. I thought maybe it was blowing the spark out so it has new plugs at .020 and the fuel pressure is solid, so I am pretty sure that it has something to do with this torque source. I found an old thread about this problem with copperheads, but none of those switches mentioned are present in this strategy. Hoping someone has an idea on how to get around this or maybe an alternative strategy that I might be able to use, this one is FPASBGA_CAMS_2, which is probably not very common. Box code is MTZ0. I attached a log and the tune, Thanks.

fuel cut log.hpl65 baseline torque calculation changed2.hpt
    Last edited by Ben07; 06-16-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Transmission Torque Truncation- This is a limiter to protect the transmission. Under Trans> Torque Management> you can find tables that limit torque to the transmission per gear vs RPM. There is also a clutch protection that uses input data that formulates how much kinetic energy that is transferred through the clutch.

Hope this helps (I can't look at the log or tune right now)

Potential Tuner
    There really isn't much under transmission. All that i have available is four switches for transmission configuration, a value for "chain" which is 1:1, and a table for gear ratio vs gear which are all set to 1. I forgot to previously mention it, but this car has a manual transmission.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben07 View Post
    There really isn't much under transmission. All that i have available is four switches for transmission configuration, a value for "chain" which is 1:1, and a table for gear ratio vs gear which are all set to 1. I forgot to previously mention it, but this car has a manual transmission.
    Best thing to do is post the file, without it it?s a guessing game. I?ve tuned a few 3v mustangs so I?m familiar with the layout of the Spanish oak, but idk what the control has and doesn?t have.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    Best thing to do is post the file, without it it?s a guessing game. I?ve tuned a few 3v mustangs so I?m familiar with the layout of the Spanish oak, but idk what the control has and doesn?t have.
    Did you ever find a solution to this? My sons supercharged 06 just started doing this. It was running fine for about 20k miles. Then we put a T56 Magnum XL trans in and changed the gear ratio programming. It ran fine for another 2k miles, then out of the blue, no boost.

My son thought it was the supercharger and checked the bypass actuator, etc. but all looked good. When he got the car back to my place I logged it and can see the ECU is capping torque at 184 ft-lb and the torque source changes to trans trunc. The throttle plate doesn't open more than 18 deg, so I'm pretty sure the vacuum is still too high to close the bypass valve.

I see no transmission related torque limiting tables. I'm wondering if HP Tuners didn't map everything, but I still can't understand how it went from working to broken with no apparent change.

eforce-91oct-noBoost-2022-11-06.hpl
    demitrisMustangGT-eforce-410-magnum-1ZVHT82H465142596.hpt

Best Regards,

Pete
    Last edited by vavaroutsos; 11-08-2022 at 12:10 PM.