Thread: 2020 Ram 5.7 dies when coming to a stop

Potential Tuner

2020 Ram 5.7 dies when coming to a stop

I have a 5.7 hemi with a comp cam, headers, and cats deleted. Had someone make me a base tune and the truck now idles and accelerates great. The problem is when I decel it won't stay running it starts back up easily, but when rolling to a stop it dies. Does anyone have a idea where to look or have a 5.7 with a cam compare file? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee View Post
    I have a 5.7 hemi with a comp cam, headers, and cats deleted. Had someone make me a base tune and the truck now idles and accelerates great. The problem is when I decel it won't stay running it starts back up easily, but when rolling to a stop it dies. Does anyone have a idea where to look or have a 5.7 with a cam compare file? Thanks!
    need some more info, which cam, do you have a current log file ? do you have a tune file we can look at ?

there are some very helpful people who will help just need a little more info.
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Tuner in Training
    mine did something very similar, after i got my wideband working i found the truck was running to lean in the same condition and it would bog sputter and die. slap it in neutral and fired right up. Not saying this is your deal but could be related, also i raised VSS idle speed to 5 mph between those two things i no longer cuts out when stopping or idle hunts at stops. Just ideas your probably better off waiting for a more experienced tuner.

Tuner in Training
    Try increasing your drive idle speed, you can also try changing you friction table in the low rpm range.

to be sure its not a lean condition, disable dfco .
    you need a wide band…

Tuner in Training
    Sounds like a lean condition. What worked for me was to increase the ECT VE modifier for coolant temps below 40deg. C (as it was usually the first start that was the main issue) and halve the idle spark torque PID values, as well as bump the idle rpm slightly.

Potential Tuner
    I got a wideband installed and have everything set now and runs amazing! Thanks everyone for the advise!!

Tuner in Training
    What was the final solution?

I?m having a similar issue with my Jeep JK. Full length headers and hi-flow cats