Thread: Thermostat

Thermostat

I have a factory thermostat, which I believe is 203 degrees. I am going to get the 180 thermostat, but in the meantime, what it cause harm to lower the fans 20 degrees or is it recommended to wait until I get the cooler thermostat?

dont lower fan time before install the 180 or any other because fans will open early while the thermo is not in timing with it

Tuner
    I found that 180 may be a bit cool. It seems the 5.7 hemi is more happy with a 190 thermostat.
    I agree with GeForce, fist fit new thermostat and only then change the fan activation temps.
    2010 Jeep GC 5.7 Eagle Head motor, 2" OME lift, cats removed, full MDS delete

Advanced Tuner
    Turn off P0125 & P0128 before you install it. These permanent codes are a bitch to get cleared.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

watch the oil temp.

Tuner in Training
    Does anybody have thermostat issues? I use a 180 with my Kenne Bell and the thermostat just died at 10k miles and caused an overheating issue. This isn't the first issue I've had with thermostats. My Ram and Charger both have had thermostat issues. Does anybody know of a decent thermostat for our cars?

Use Mishimoto and bigger radiators. Big oil cooler for lower temps.