Thread: Turbo 4.8 SS2 Idle Goes Rich In Park

Tuner in Training

Turbo 4.8 SS2 Idle Goes Rich In Park

Hey guys, I've posted in here before and y'all have always been a huge help, my tune has come a very long way thanks in large part to you guys so thank you (especially 5FDP, you da man).

So my setup is a gen3 4.8, stock heads, SS2 cam, single GT45 turbo, Deka 80lb injectors, electronic throttle, open loop only tune, at sea level, hot as hell outside (90-100deg F every day these days). 4l60e transmission with a very slightly higher than stock stall converter. The car runs and drives fine, makes good power on 93 octane pump gas (albeit very laggy, likely because my timing is very weak in the low-mid range among the hardware limitations) running about 10-12psi and commanding 11deg at WOT over 4800rpm.

HOWEVER, after a drive when everything is nice and hot, when I come home and put the car in park, the throttle goes from 7.8% to about ~4.0% after a few seconds and the AFR quickly goes from a steady 14.6-14.8 to 13.0. Not sure why its running so damn rich in park, I tried adding 1g/sec to the base idle airflow in P/N but it seemed to only make it worse. Doesn't seem to do that in drive or reverse. Also of note is that the idle quality sometimes really degrades when the car is hot and it can't maintain target 850rpm idle, suffering around 650 when trying to move the car around in the driveway (just taking my foot off the brake). I'll attach a log that shows all of this in the last ~2 minutes of the log, and attach the tune as well.

Let me know if another log with different data would be helpful in diagnosing the problem.
    Cobra 6-7-21 Turbo IF Fuel 4.hpt
    Cobra 6-16-21 Mostly Cruise Log weird idle at end.hpl

You could try cutting the min fuel milligrams under the transient fuel tab in half to see if that helps the rich idle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the idea 5FDP I'll give it a shot!