Thread: 1998 C5 Cant Get Started

Potential Tuner

1998 C5 Cant Get Started

Back again, with more info, in hopes you guys can help me get to this thing started while I wait to get it tuned by someone who knows what they are doing.

LQ4 motor, at .030 over, Torquer V4 (231/234 .629"/.615" 111 LSA), FAST 92mm Intake Manifold, 243 Heads, .660 Dual Springs. TSP LT Headers w/ Borla back. Fore fuel rail, aeromotive regulator, LS2 33lb injectors, LS2 throttle body. Serial WB 02.

When I start it up, its rough. I've attached a log and my tune file in hopes someone can help me get this thing atleast running. It smells very rich and I've got to hold the throttle on a bit just to even get this log, so I am not sure how helpful it is.C5 Edit 1.hptEdit1_log.hpl

Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by b_907; 06-17-2021 at 10:59 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Here are a few steps that will help you get it going.

Your primary VE table is really messed up. Put it back to stock for now.
    Go to Engine>Idle>Airflow, and Add 5 gms/sec of airflow to your base running airflow table.
    Go to Engine>Fuel>General, and enter all of the proper injector characterization data for your injectors.
    The flow rate vs kPa table is critical, but you'll also be better off to enter the Offset data and minimum pulse data at the least.
    Go to Engine>Fuel>Open Loop/Base and copy/paste the Open Loop EQ ratio data from a 99-02 model Silverado.
    You've already got it in MAF only mode, but your MAF curve has been altered. I would return it to stock for now.
    I would also put the spark tables back to stock for now.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, I?ll give these a try. As far as the injectors, I don?t have data on them unfortunately. I bought them from a forum member. I tried to pull a stock repository of a vehicle that has them but got confused as to what info I should bring over because it?s not as simple as my 98. I?ll give the offset data, min pulse and flow vs kpa a start.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Here are a few steps that will help you get it going.

Your primary VE table is really messed up. Put it back to stock for now.
    Go to Engine>Idle>Airflow, and Add 5 gms/sec of airflow to your base running airflow table.
    Go to Engine>Fuel>General, and enter all of the proper injector characterization data for your injectors.
    The flow rate vs kPa table is critical, but you'll also be better off to enter the Offset data and minimum pulse data at the least.
    Go to Engine>Fuel>Open Loop/Base and copy/paste the Open Loop EQ ratio data from a 99-02 model Silverado.
    You've already got it in MAF only mode, but your MAF curve has been altered. I would return it to stock for now.
    I would also put the spark tables back to stock for now.
    As far as the spark tables, I pulled up a stock tune and it seems there are a few things, should I go back to stock in all these tables: Base>High & Low, Idle spark Advance>Drive & Park, Adaptive>Overspeed & Underspeed. Again, thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

Also, the Scalar for the LS2 TB, do you have any recommendations on that? I have found differing posts that contradict which way the Scalar should be put.