Thread: Help troubleshooting MAF

Potential Tuner

Help troubleshooting MAF

Hi,

I am new to playing around with HP tuners, trying to set up to tune MAF with wideband.

I have added the MAF frequency, however am not logging any data - the MAF g/s is reading at about 9 g/s which I believe is not accurate at all. The engine is a 2005 VZ Commodore LS1 - taken from a wreck bought at the auctions, so I don't know what has been done to it prior.

Any suggestions to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Bill
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you are using 'Mass Airflow Frequency (Hz)' as one of the parameters in a graph, you also have to be logging the channel called 'Mass Airflow Frequency (Hz)' over in the channels list, and I do not see that channel being logged.

Connect to the vehicle but do not begin recording, click the gear icon above the channel list, then search for 'hz' or 'freq' and add the channel.

Idling at 8-9 g/s seems plausible to me, what were you expecting to see?

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for having a look mate,

I totally thought I had put that channel in, it is working now.

I don't know what to expect, this is the first time I have had a look at an engine on up tuners. Was looking at the scale that up tuners defaults and it is up to around 450 g/s. Looks like it is pulling about 75g/s at 4000rpm and about 8g/s at idle.

Thanks again for having a look.

Cheers Bill