Thread: 98 gmc sierra 4l60e need stock shift Scheduling

Potential Tuner

98 gmc sierra 4l60e need stock shift Scheduling

title says everything
    i never attempted to adjust anything and it seems it was not right when it was read from the computer.
    i need serious help correcting this because i have never adjusted anything other then the engine menu or speedo correction.

basically the truck cant shift itself anymore and i had totally overlooked this.

i attached my file and have made all of the other adjustments that i know will work
    if someone would share there tune file with all of the proper stock shifting info that would be a Hugh help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sierra? The file says it's a Suburban.

There is a 1998 Sierra file in the repository if all you need are the shift points to use as a baseline.

Potential Tuner
    thanks i wanted to make sure that my backup file was correct.

the whole story now, i changed the engine and computer in the truck because there where some serious problems with the original computer such as the code for ecu failure, amazing it was even drivable. and i have not yet finished this job. anyways i had made the mistake of not changing the vin in the computer. since passlock was physically defeated i was able to start the truck to test it. i had swapped from a 305 to a 350 and found a computer i know was compatible with my model year from a salvage yard. i realized what i have done now, i did not add the reluctor tooth count BEFORE i had used the gear and tire wizard total ignorance on my part. at this point i must tune it for it to even run correctly as my truck never even had a smog pump installed and a few other issues will keep the check engine light on so i had to deal with a lot of parts that where bad before even getting to this point, just some sensors.after all of this i was confused about why i had to manually shift the truck, because this is the first vehicle i ever tuned on my own.

Potential Tuner
    for the time i am correcting my mistakes to my tune what should i change for this cam
    https://paceperformance.com/i-625541...amjet-350.html
    also i have adjusted my cylinder volume for a 4,040 bore so i think i few parameters have been improved a little already but i don't know what to change to account for the extra valve lift of this cam
    Last edited by jones1; 06-18-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Load this one and see how it shifts. That's a pretty mild cam. It needs very little tuning. I made a couple of small changes for it.

1998 gmc sierra K1500 tuned KW Mod.hpt

Potential Tuner
    i started over with a new file and added in that shift schedule, not disappointed at all
    the gear and tire wizard had bugged everything up so bad that even the torque converter speeds where wrong
    all of the speeds where set to 256 for everything i never had assumed once that it was that easy for the tire wizard to cause this

it seems the software does not obtain the output tooth count from the computer and if you forget to set it from 1 to 40 that is a huge mystake
    so these old NP transfer cases have 40 tooth reluctor wheels for anyone that is reading this before tuning. it is actually very easy to over look this