Thread: Help with tune LS3 swap

Tuner in Training

Help with tune LS3 swap

Can somone help with my tune it bogs in 4th 5th 6th
    It may be speed VS ? but IDK
    Also if you see anything else screwed up let me know
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    We will need a datalog in order to help you determine the issue. Does it have any DTC's?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    We will need a datalog in order to help you determine the issue. Does it have any DTC's?
    ill have to get one today

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Wberndt View Post
    ill have to get one today
    Seems the MAF is reading wrong its always a lot more than ambient it has a cold air pipe to the outside air (sensor is new)
    DTCs are 0x7E8: P0328 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit High (Bank 1) (Permanent)
    0x7E8: P0452 - Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor/Switch Low (Permanent)
    0x7E8: P0480 - Fan 1 Control Circuit (Permanent)
    0x7E8: P0532 - A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor A Circuit Low (Current, Old, History)
    0x7E8: P0621 - Generator Lamp Terminal Circuit (Old)
    0x7E8: P0807 - Clutch Position Sensor Circuit Low (Permanent)

I don't use any of that stuff except knock
    also i see the relative TPS is way off the actual
    any help would be great thanks

Senior Tuner
    Those codes are Permanent codes...not current codes...so they aren't affecting anything.

Your knock learn is at 1, so you're just operating off of your low octane spark table. This may be related to the previous knock sensor code.

You have a couple of good options to fix it.

If you disconnect the battery for a while, it will allow the Knock Learn to reset.

Or, you can copy the high octane table over the low octane table. That will prevent knock learn. I typically only use this method on cars that are raced and need consistency.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks I?ll give that a try

Tuner in Training
    Hey would you mind taking a second look at this tune/log file I fixed the nock sensor code (wire) but I still have low power
    If you look at the log the map sensor is at 99, the throttle is at 99, but the timing is at 6 degrees? no knock retard. any ideas why?
    Thank you for your time

Senior Tuner
    There isn't a file attached. Did you copy the High Octane Spark table over the Low Octane Spark table?

Tuner in Training
    I didn't copy the tables because i want it to work correctly
    It has no knock retard that i can see
    also the relative throttle position is 69 when the TPS is 99?

Tuner in Training
    Attached

Tuner in Training
    Something is pulling a lot of timing out and I don't see why
    I'm sure i screwed something up but i cant find it

Senior Tuner
    I already told you what the problem is. The knock learn factor is 1.0. That means that it's operating off of the low octane table only. There are two options to fix it. Either disconnect the battery cable for a few hours to allow it to reset, or you can change the low octane table to your desired timing target.

Senior Tuner
    You can also change the default learn value for the knock learn factor. If it pops a knock sensor code, it automatically defaults to 1...which forces it to use the low octane spark table only. You can change it to 0 if you want it to default to the the high octane table, or to a value between 0 and 1 if you want it to interpolate between the two tables.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the help, I did what you said about the low and high octane tables as well as disconnecting the battery and repaired the wires to sensor and it was gone but then it popped another deferent code p0325 (also permeant)
    So I have more to do. Question tho will it still show knock with a knock sensor code because i never saw any knock in the logs before and after I cleared it out
    also even with the codes cleared out its still showing 10-15 degrees higher IAT than ambient all the time even at first start up any idea why that would be
    I checked the resistance in the wires to MAF seems good

Senior Tuner
    Good deal. It should run much better now.

Don't worry about the Permanent Codes. As long as it's not a current code, you'll be just fine. It'll eventually go away after enough run cycles.

It's a little odd that the IAT is showing 10-15 degrees too hot on the initial startup. But it's not a major issue. Just be aware that it will affect the IAT vs Spark table if it's not complete accurate. This can result in some unwanted timing retard.