Thread: 6F55 clutch fill times - not all 6F55 are the same

6F55 clutch fill times - not all 6F55 are the same

I was able to get ahold of a 2019 Explorer Sport base read and tried the 6F55 settings on my 2018 Explorer XLT AWD (6F55 w/ Towing Package) N/A 3.5 V6, and the very different clutch fill times for the 1-2 and 2-3 made things feel off. I went back to stock and compared with a Police Interceptor 3.7 and found they were the same. So the EcoBoost 6F55's must have different valve body tuning or something physically different. This explains why a lot of the stuff that worked fine on my SHO and Fusion Sport wouldn't translate over to the N/A V6 Explorer even though they all had a 6F55 transmission. The WOT shifting with the N/A Explorer is still iffy after a new tune flash, but this time around I used FORScan to reset all of the adaptive transmission tables to see if there'd be a difference. So far it seems like it shifts a lot better than before. Firm where it needs to be firm, but jury is still out - need to observe/test more.

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    I was able to get ahold of a 2019 Explorer Sport base read and tried the 6F55 settings on my 2018 Explorer XLT AWD (6F55 w/ Towing Package) N/A 3.5 V6, and the very different clutch fill times for the 1-2 and 2-3 made things feel off. I went back to stock and compared with a Police Interceptor 3.7 and found they were the same. So the EcoBoost 6F55's must have different valve body tuning or something physically different. This explains why a lot of the stuff that worked fine on my SHO and Fusion Sport wouldn't translate over to the N/A V6 Explorer even though they all had a 6F55 transmission. The WOT shifting with the N/A Explorer is still iffy after a new tune flash, but this time around I used FORScan to reset all of the adaptive transmission tables to see if there'd be a difference. So far it seems like it shifts a lot better than before. Firm where it needs to be firm, but jury is still out - need to observe/test more.
    HPtuners doesn't get all the tables cleared when it comes to adaptives i fought that for a while before figuring it out.

So is it recommended to clear the transmission adaptive tables with Forscan after each flash?

So is it recommended to clear the transmission adaptive tables with Forscan after each flash?
    Yes

That really worked. I just reset the transmission tables on the Fusion Sport and observed that when the Trans Shift torque source kicks in (with the spark cut), it actually occurs after the shift has initiated - not during/before where it feels like I hit a wall on the Explorer. I never really had felt a real problem on the Fusion Sport but damn today it banged off a 274ms WOT 2-3 shift at exactly where I commanded it!

That really worked. I just reset the transmission tables on the Fusion Sport and observed that when the Trans Shift torque source kicks in (with the spark cut), it actually occurs after the shift has initiated - not during/before where it feels like I hit a wall on the Explorer. I never really had felt a real problem on the Fusion Sport but damn today it banged off a 274ms WOT 2-3 shift at exactly where I commanded it!
    Heck yeah! it's a good feeling when it works as intended right? I use my IDS or forscan every time otherwise you'll be chasing bad learned data.