Thread: Trouble finding data/video from TrackAddict

Potential Tuner

Trouble finding data/video from TrackAddict

I am having a hard time figuring out where the files are saved. According to the website, it is supposed to be saved under "Android/data/com.hptuners.trackaddict/files". But when I went to this folder using File Explorer on my computer, there is no video nor csv files. I can see the data/video via the Trackaddict app, so this seems like the files are burried in the phone somewhere.

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10 if that matters.

Help or suggestions please.
    Last edited by Gary T; 06-18-2021 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary T View Post
    I am having a hard time figuring out where the files are saved. According to the website, it is supposed to be saved under "Android/data/com.hptuners.trackaddict/files". But when I went to this folder using File Explorer on my computer, there is no video nor csv files. I can see the data/video via the Trackaddict app, so this seems like the files are burried in the phone somewhere.

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10 if that matters.

Help or suggestions please.
    On phones that have an SD Card, you'll likely have two "Android/data/com.hptuners.trackaddict/files" folders visible, which may appear as different volumes/drives on your computer: one for the phone's onboard storage, and one for the SD Card. Additionally, inside TrackAddict, you'll want to make sure your session storage is set to External (default) or SD Card, as the "Internal" option means that it's only accessible internally from within the app.

Confusing for sure, but this is what modern Android has more or less come to restrict apps to using.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you. I have looked into both the SD and phone storage, neither have any files in it. I have even tried to use the xfer feature directly in RaceRender and it failed to transfer.

Any other suggestions? It doesn't seem like I am the only one having the issue. When I first got Trackaddict, we used to be able to find these files very easily, but things have changed?

Potential Tuner
    Actually, this suggestion worked for me.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ta-video-files