Thread: Barometric base table incorrect 5.7hemi?

Tuner

Barometric base table incorrect 5.7hemi?

With reference to the Spark>Advance>Barometric Pressure>Base table as shown below for the 5.7hemi.

I understand that as you go up to a higher altitude area as opposed to sea level, your time can be advanced quite a bit.
    So, should the baro base table not read + instead of -, meaning add timing as opposed to take away as per the table?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 Jeep GC 5.7 Eagle Head motor, 2" OME lift, cats removed, full MDS delete

Tuner
    nobody can add comments about this? This Baro timing table can have a big influence on a tune.

Not really used as far as I remember

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by uarperformance View Post
    Not really used as far as I remember
    Thanks for your comment. As I understand, this table is a direct adder to timing/spark and when the MAP reads the Baro pressure and finds now at higher altitude, it will automatically adjust the spark PT and WOT tables. For this reason I regard it important to have this Baro table correct and I know for fact you should add timing for higher altitudes where the baro reading is lower.

Tuner in Training
    There’s a comment in the forum about it being counter intuitive, can’t recall where. For mine I just zeroed them out in the baro range I operate in.

Tuner
    Thanks sPHYNX. I live at sea level but often go up country. Will check effect. Last time had the table still stock setting, but now have changed it to advance timing at higher altitudes. So I can now compare results.