Thread: Help with my tune?

Tuner in Training

Help with my tune?

Hi guys,
    Wondering who can help get my tune dialed in?
    NA 5.3 LS in a BMW E46, with cable throttle and mild cam. LS6 intake and injectors. Engine will start and idle. Engages into Drive HARD and will stall if you touch the gas pedal.
    Data file and log attached.
    What questions do I need to answer to help the troubleshooting.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    It's pretty rich. The VE table appears to be stock. You'll have to trim some fuel out of it for sure.
    Is there any reason that you have it in open loop?

Tuner in Training
    I have been working with someone I found on the Facebook tuning forum, but we are not making much headway. He is pretty busy. The tune was originally a mail order tune from LSX Power Tuning. I don't know why it is in open loop. I know very little about tuning but I am trying to learn.

Senior Tuner
    We don't know much about the aftermarket cam that you're running, but it seems to make pretty good vacuum. It won't be difficult to get it dialed in. I would start by removing 15% fuel from the idle cells and return it to closed loop.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    We don't know much about the aftermarket cam that you're running, but it seems to make pretty good vacuum. It won't be difficult to get it dialed in. I would start by removing 15% fuel from the idle cells and return it to closed loop.
    Mild Trick Flow cam P/N TFS-30602001.

216 degrees intake, 220 degrees exhaust @ .050
    .560 lift @ valve