Thread: Advice Please Stressful time after 1997 Corvette PCM swap to P01 PCM

Potential Tuner

Advice Please Stressful time after 1997 Corvette PCM swap to P01 PCM

Hello everyone, Im having to reach out to everyone and anyone that can please assist me with the issue that I have encountered. Started when i wrote tune file to my 1997 C5 Corvette with HP Tunner and bricked my PCM. Next my exfriend mentioned doing a PCM repin swap to P01 PCM telling me how great he was at doing this and had done several. so, I figured ok being that my work had me supper busy i would just pay him to do this. Well to make a long story short he pinned it out to wrong PCM and on top of this. then tried to repin it to P01 and not there is many pins have been pinned out to wrong locations. I have since, myself being going over and over all this and have now finally got all modules and PCM back to communicating with one another. My issue now is when trying to start the starter will turn over and sounds like it binds up or like it needs to be shimmed is the sound coming from starter when trying to start and don't understand this because it was not sounding like this before we started. Another problem is that it keeps blowing fuse 19 ENGIGN. I can now read the PCM with HP tuner which it was not letting me before. The P01 PCM is programmed to a 2002 Corvette Vats deleted and it has a different Vin programmed in it. Do i need to write my Vin to the P01 PCM. The guy i purchased PCM from told me that i did not. This has been going on now for third week and I'm going insane trying to figure all this out behind him. with this being my only way to go it has been very stressful. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. I even wished i knew someone close by that i would not mind even paying very well to come help me solve these issues. So i can even return to work. Thank You all in advance for your time. Miles

1997 Corvette
    Texas speed torquer V4 231/234-629, 111LSA
    TSP .660 dual spring kit
    Texas speed timing kit
    Melling high pressure oil pump
    trunnion upgrade
    new wet Sump balancer
    TCI 3200 Stall
    B&M Shit kit

Senior Tuner
    Blowing fuses and starter making noise has nothing to do with tune.

Potential Tuner
    Can I ask you Is it possible to write my tune file from my other 97 PCM that was bricked, that I have a saved copy. I was thinking pins wrong in connector. But i am no means familiar with HP Tuners. Don't know if i need to change vin in PO1 to my vin. Not worried about buying more credits. Just need my car
    Thank you gtstorey