Thread: 00 start up idle issues

Tuner in Training

00 start up idle issues

i got a p01 5.3 long tubes and a y pipe, no spring cam .500 .500 lobe separation of 112 , tbss intake and injectors 92mm throttle body. E fans So its like you have to help it get started and then it will idle as long as you let it. drive it and runs ok until you go to stop then itll act like its gonna die but wont it will turn 400 rpm but if you help it a lil bit then starts doing ok. ive about had it ill leave the tune and a log SOMEONE HELP A BROTHER OUT Please
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    As a start increase the Base Running Airflow (Idle Airflow) across the board by about 1 g/s and be prepared to increase it more if required. Decrease idle timing (Idle spark advance) to the mid 20 degrees. At the moment you are commanding well over 30 degrees of timing at idle which is too much. Report results back here.

Senior Tuner
    Your coolant temp sensor isn't working. Once you fix that, it should start much better. It may be disconnected or the sensor could just be broken.

Tuner in Training
    ABOUT THE COOLANT TEMP idk what is going on ive changed it twice and still not reading. i traced the wires back and nothing im at a lose on that

Tuner in Training
    heres the changes except the coolant temp
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    it still needs help you can see in the log where i started it a couple times

Going to foul the spark plugs with a -38 ECT temp that stays constant…

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Follow the diagnostics for P0118.

Tuner in Training
    go ahead you have my attention...but seriously where do i need to start at and where do i go to follow up on this ..... cause im lost right now

First thing: Do you have the correct 2-pin connector going to the ECT, and not something else that looks similar and fits like the EVAP solenoid or brake fluid sensor?

screenshot.21-06-2021 17.24.29.png

Unplug the ECT, then key-on. You should have ~5v at one pin and something like ground at the other pin. If you don't have those two as they should be, backprobe those pins directly at the PCM connectors, see if they are different than what you get at the other end.

Monitor the ECT reading in the scanner and short the two ECT pins together. Does the reading change from the open circuit value of -38?

Tuner in Training
    thanks ill try and trace that down in the am. im almost99% sure thats the right plug but ive been wrong before.

Tuner in Training
    ended being the plug its self on the temp not working