Thread: MAF fail in SD

Potential Tuner

MAF fail in SD

Hi guys, can someone tell me why I am only getting P0102 and P0103? Not getting a P0101 and not sure if I really need to to go into SD but seems strange. While I'm on the subject, why is it that when you buy the SD 2 bar operating system the MAF isn't already taken out of the program. I mean it changes the MAP table and adds the boost enrichment table, why not just take the MAF out?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    You've failed the MAF correctly. You can even uncheck the SES enable boxes on P0101, 102, and 103 if you want to turn off the engine light.

The MAF is actually still functional on the 2 bar OS system...unless you disable it like you did. I'm not sure why someone would want to run it on a 2 bar system like you're running, but it could be done.

Potential Tuner
    Well I'll give it a shot again. Am I correct in thinking that if the 102 and 103 are set the MAF is failed? The 102 and 103 are circuit faults but 101 is a performance code. Would the ecm still be looking for a MAF value with circuit failure? Not worried about a SES light, engine's in a Mustang. Thanks a lot for the help. I'll try it tomorrow.

Only code P0103 needs to be set for the MAF to be failed.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    As long as you see P0103, the MAF is properly failed. The PCM will ignore it completely.

Potential Tuner
    Cool. Thanks again boys!