Thread: 1991 Jeep Comanche Stroker OBD2 swap

Potential Tuner

1991 Jeep Comanche Stroker OBD2 swap

I am planning to convert my 1991 Comanche from OBD1 to OBD2 using a 1996 harness and MT Jtec ECU. I already have the harness and ECU.

I was wondering if anyone has base files for the 1996 Cherokee and or an 00/01 cherokee. I am considering switching to COP to give more spark timing ability but I am curious what I get with just the 1996 and Distributor setup and HP tuners.

Tuner in Training
    I can get you the stock calibration for a 96 sometime next week while at work i believe, but for now i do have a stock 97 calibration you can look at. 97 Cherokee 4.0 automatic
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by alf View Post
    I can get you the stock calibration for a 96 sometime next week while at work i believe, but for now i do have a stock 97 calibration you can look at. 97 Cherokee 4.0 automatic
    Thanks. It is about what I expected. I am assuming the spark tables are practically useless as I do not believe there is any way the stock 1991-1998 setups can adjust spark. Only difference between 1996 and 1997 ECUs should be the speed output to the gauge so no need to get the 1996 file. I would be interested in a 2000 file as I am considering retrofitting COP in my harness and running a later ECU with a speed output corrector.