Thread: BBK 90mm

Advanced Tuner

BBK 90mm

Anyone have the data for this throttle body. Person insisted on using it because it?s ?pretty? even though I told him it?s more issues than it?s worth.
    ?Our greatest success comes from failure? -Confucius

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    IMHO

it will offer zero gains
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    IMHO

it will offer zero gains
    I 100% agree I kept telling him just polish the stock throttle but he?s not taking no for an answer. If you happen to know the values that would be great. Or PM me. I found some for the 85mm I?m sure it would run fine with that value but it wouldn?t be perfect.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElliotAnderson View Post
    I've done some tuning with them, its still not totally perfect but the throttle data from this file will be a lot closer than the 85mm data.

Attachment 111056
    I appreciate it I?ll give it a look as long as it?s not throwing any errors I honestly don?t care.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    I appreciate it I?ll give it a look as long as it?s not throwing any errors I honestly don?t care.
    That guy is posting bullshit files or something. I seen another thread his files aren't HPT and antivirus are showing threats.

Are you getting a lot of errors with the stock throttle body model? What gen are you working on? It's really not worth the work for no gains. Stock is perfectly good until it becomes a restriction, maybe at 1000HP.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    That guy is posting bullshit files or something. I seen another thread his files aren't HPT and antivirus are showing threats.

Are you getting a lot of errors with the stock throttle body model? What gen are you working on? It's really not worth the work for no gains. Stock is perfectly good until it becomes a restriction, maybe at 1000HP.
    It?s currently using the stock throttle body. It?s not on my car, it?s in someone?s im going to tune. I told him to keep the stock throttle body because it works the best. And his rational for wanting the bigger throttle body is because it?s pretty and looks better than the stock on on his Boss 302 manifold. I saw an old write up about doing a correction factor from txcharlie, where if you?re using the same style throttle you can do a correction factor aka 80/90 then raise it to the -1 to get the multiplier. I?m just not too keen on developing values to make it work when there?s already known data that works. If I was a parts developer or official tester that would be one thing. But I like to load values and be done.

Advanced Tuner

Also it?s a gen 1

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    Also it?s a gen 1

Its very time consuming on both gens. I'd datalog the 90 on stock tb calibration to see where it's at. It's Very, very time consuming because each row is interpolated. A lot of people prefer and it is better to use a known calibration that has been flow tested but that data is not always available.
    The relationship between the two tables is not inverse, there is no calculation for the tables either. The relationships are the columns to the axis. The axis is "assigned" to the cell values in the same column on the opposing table. You'll have to study the stock table to understand. Im not on my laptop right now but if you have questions.
    Trying to get this table correct youll cause and fix torque errors. Like I said lol its almost not worth the time unless it's your car or you have the car with no deadline.

Advanced Tuner
    Its very time consuming on both gens. I'd datalog the 90 on stock tb calibration to see where it's at. It's Very, very time consuming because each row is interpolated. A lot of people prefer and it is better to use a known calibration that has been flow tested but that data is not always available.
    The relationship between the two tables is not inverse, there is no calculation for the tables either. The relationships are the columns to the axis. The axis is "assigned" to the cell values in the same column on the opposing table. You'll have to study the stock table to understand. Im not on my laptop right now but if you have questions.
    Trying to get this table correct youll cause and fix torque errors. Like I said lol its almost not worth the time unless it's your car or you have the car with no deadline.
    Yeah definitely not worth the time in my opinion for the maybe 2 hp yield the throttle requires. I appreciate all the input

Also looking for this throttle body Data, The situation is a little different as it is an Edelbrock Eforce on a gen 1. The blower is being spun at the max RPM of the 2.3 eaton rotor set with crank and charger pulley changes. I think the stock throttle is actually hurting it here, So I am hoping the 90 mm with a little blower snout porting will be enough to get me over the 700 rwhp mark. We were at 666 rwhp before 10% over crank pulley with stock throttle body.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapo View Post
    Also looking for this throttle body Data, The situation is a little different as it is an Edelbrock Eforce on a gen 1. The blower is being spun at the max RPM of the 2.3 eaton rotor set with crank and charger pulley changes. I think the stock throttle is actually hurting it here, So I am hoping the 90 mm with a little blower snout porting will be enough to get me over the 700 rwhp mark. We were at 666 rwhp before 10% over crank pulley with stock throttle body.
    A fuel system and e85 with more timing will put you over your goal no need for a throttle body. Those are half the cost to a fore innovations fuel system to support your goals. Just my opinion.