Thread: Maf enhanced os

Tuner in Training

Maf enhanced os

I?ve searched and haven?t found much, when applying a MAF enhanced OS you enable real time tuning etc.
    my question is, how are vehicles with a secondary VE table effected? I.E. if I force open loop and maf fail to say tune the speed density portion, does the car still reference the secondary VE table and low octane table? It seems I STILL have a secondary Ve lookup table in my editor after applying the custom OS. Seems like the best option is using the SD enhanced to get rid of that secondary. You can run a VE/MAF blend on a car on the speed density tunes right?
    Last edited by Mstansbury0704; 06-23-2021 at 07:34 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    maf enhanced os is meant to run with a maf sensor, its basically the stock operating system with RTT added, nothing more, nothing less.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    So for those poor souls with the secondary VE the car would still reference those in maf failed situations?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yes but the only time your maf should be failing is if you have a physical failure, not sure why you would want to fail the maf when using a custom operating system that is intended to be used with the maf.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    If there’s now a new way to tune VE on LS stuff please elaborate..far as I know, force car into speed density and then vice versa on maf curve?