Thread: Timing advance

Advanced Tuner

Timing advance

Weird one here guys, having issues with my timing advance not matching my commanded. I've gone over everything I can think of that might pull timing and cant find a thing. Car is commanded 10* at WOT and only seeing about 2. But its sporadic. One pull you might get 8* and the next 1??? All timing tables are the same. Car runs in open loop and speed density. Also making changes to any timing table does nothing. I'm lost. Tuner is busy and just looking for some help thanks.
    15 charger scat pack.
    6.4 Whipple Diamond pistons Manley rods, Demon Plus Cam

Advanced Tuner
    Can anyone tell me what all tables are multipliers for the timing. I'm thinking its toqure management causing my issue and I'm not up to par in this.

Advanced Tuner
    Log everything regarding advance and retard. You'll find it.

Quote Originally Posted by FstdodgeKY View Post
    Weird one here guys, having issues with my timing advance not matching my commanded. I've gone over everything I can think of that might pull timing and cant find a thing. Car is commanded 10* at WOT and only seeing about 2. But its sporadic. One pull you might get 8* and the next 1??? All timing tables are the same. Car runs in open loop and speed density. Also making changes to any timing table does nothing. I'm lost. Tuner is busy and just looking for some help thanks.
    15 charger scat pack.
    The random changes leads to knock. Are you logging knock and spark retard?