Thread: 1998 GTP 3800 L67 Engine in Fiero

Potential Tuner

Smile 1998 GTP 3800 L67 Engine in Fiero

Good Day Everyone,

This is my first post! I am excited to learn more about HP Tuners and would like to eventually become familiar with the product and software.

I have done a forum search for this topic and although I had some answers questioned I was unable to find my answers. I will continue to use the search function and continue to gain more experience in finding the information I am looking for here as I know 99% of the information is likely already discussed.

I have a 1985 Pontiac Fiero GT (4spd Muncie Manual) where I have installed a 1998 Grand Prix GTP 3800 Series II L67 into.

Years ago I send out my PCM for programming (VATS, EGR, Etc) and the car has been running fine since.

My issues and questions are as follows:

1. I would be interested in adding the EGR and EVAP (already in the process). Since these codes are now disabled by the previous programmer, do the actual components still function and simply not give off codes? Or are they disabled and adding them may cause issues or non-functional components?

2. I keep getting a 2nd O2 code (I think it was P0137). If I were to purchase the MPVI2, is ignoring/deleting codes myself relatively simple?

3. Is there anyone in Canada who could help me disable the Bank 2 O2 sensor code(s)?

At this time I would not be interested in actually tuning the engine until I research and study a great deal.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Fiero View Post
    Good Day Everyone,

This is my first post! I am excited to learn more about HP Tuners and would like to eventually become familiar with the product and software.

I have done a forum search for this topic and although I had some answers questioned I was unable to find my answers. I will continue to use the search function and continue to gain more experience in finding the information I am looking for here as I know 99% of the information is likely already discussed.

I have a 1985 Pontiac Fiero GT (4spd Muncie Manual) where I have installed a 1998 Grand Prix GTP 3800 Series II L67 into.

Years ago I send out my PCM for programming (VATS, EGR, Etc) and the car has been running fine since.

My issues and questions are as follows:

1. I would be interested in adding the EGR and EVAP (already in the process). Since these codes are now disabled by the previous programmer, do the actual components still function and simply not give off codes? Or are they disabled and adding them may cause issues or non-functional components?

2. I keep getting a 2nd O2 code (I think it was P0137). If I were to purchase the MPVI2, is ignoring/deleting codes myself relatively simple?

3. Is there anyone in Canada who could help me disable the Bank 2 O2 sensor code(s)?

At this time I would not be interested in actually tuning the engine until I research and study a great deal.
    Unless you added a OBD2 port to your Fiero when you swapped in the 3800, you will need to bench program the PCM for any changes you want to make. Not hard to do but that is something you will need to tackle.
    Last edited by cadillactech; 07-01-2021 at 02:24 PM.