Thread: 3 bar map with 2 bar OS

Tuner in Training

3 bar map with 2 bar OS

Searched the forum and can't seem to find a clear answer on this so hopefully someone can help out.
    Gen 3 411 pcm was running enhanced sd with a moderately modified 6 litre. Idled at around 45 kpa with 16 inches of vacuum at 900 rpm. Added 2 small turbos and upgraded to SD 2 bar os but using a 3 bar map LS9 piece. Upgraded MAP parameters in the tune (305, 10.33), VE table and timing tables from the enhanced SD tune with modifications only in the areas above 105 kpa. In the scanner I only have the SAE and 2 bar map pid available, the 3 bar is not there. I can use either available pid and get readings but I get MAP readings in the scanner of 68 kpa or so with vacuum values of 10 to 11 inches. I'm new to the turbo game, but i expected the idle values to be similar to the NA engine and I suspect the map values in the scanner are off because i have a 3 bar map on the 2 bar OS. The engine idles similar to previous NA setup so i'm assuming the 3 bar map values in the tune are good. Can I get the 3 bar pid running the 2 bar OS? Is my assumption of similar idle characteristics correct? Are my map values in the scanner correct with the available pid's, or out of scale as I suspect?

Tuner in Training

Its the small stuff you miss

Quote Originally Posted by KDS View Post
    Searched the forum and can't seem to find a clear answer on this so hopefully someone can help out.
    Gen 3 411 pcm was running enhanced sd with a moderately modified 6 litre. Idled at around 45 kpa with 16 inches of vacuum at 900 rpm. Added 2 small turbos and upgraded to SD 2 bar os but using a 3 bar map LS9 piece. Upgraded MAP parameters in the tune (305, 10.33), VE table and timing tables from the enhanced SD tune with modifications only in the areas above 105 kpa. In the scanner I only have the SAE and 2 bar map pid available, the 3 bar is not there. I can use either available pid and get readings but I get MAP readings in the scanner of 68 kpa or so with vacuum values of 10 to 11 inches. I'm new to the turbo game, but i expected the idle values to be similar to the NA engine and I suspect the map values in the scanner are off because i have a 3 bar map on the 2 bar OS. The engine idles similar to previous NA setup so i'm assuming the 3 bar map values in the tune are good. Can I get the 3 bar pid running the 2 bar OS? Is my assumption of similar idle characteristics correct? Are my map values in the scanner correct with the available pid's, or out of scale as I suspect?
    Turns out I had the wrong values for the map in the tune, I missed the negative value on the offset. Looks like that put me off by about 21 kPa. After correction in the tune the idle values are where they should be.