Thread: 2017 TA Challenger with Hellcat blower swap

2017 TA Challenger with Hellcat blower swap

Anyone done any of the hellcat Blower swaps. I thought I would just put the hellcat Map sensor settings and that would be it. Regular forced induction tuning from there. NOT!!

Advanced Tuner
    Stupid question, but are you also using the hellcat MAP for the settings you used? Im not sure what year, I believe 2018, they changed MAP sensors to the Demon 3 Bar sensor.

Either way, your MAP settings need to match the MAP sensor being used

What didn't make sense is that it had stock map sensor settings when it came in but no codes for baro. Set hellcat settings and whalla I have baro code!

You need to update the voltage range for baro sensor as well under diag

Thanks. I did change that and still ran the same without the baro code. Not sure what the issue was but when I used the Hellcat Injector info( which has a whole hellcat blower set-up, it just did not like it at all. I Just added stuff 1 thing at a time. And when I put the injector data in. It just would barely run. So I Just scaled it like I would without data and just like that it worked. Now it has no boost. Ughh Just a tune!!! lolooloool. It has a smooth boost controller. I hear it move the bypass but not even a pound of boost and blower sounds weird.

As easy as it may look to copy over some hellcat info, its not going to work. Your operating system is not going to tolerate it. You have got to give an engine what it wants and work to the bullshit mercy of the given operating system it has. Treat this as if you just installed a whipple or procharger to it. There's nothing hellcat about it except appearance. Give me or us all the "as found" file and list what injector is with the car. What camshaft is in it. How much boost you intend to run. What is the part number on the map sensor you are running. Even post a picture of what you are doing to block off the 3 other map sensors that a hellcat blower uses. Is there a wiring harness changeover with this? what controls that bypass? Never touched such a swap but surely confident I can get it behaving. Good Lord -30 timing. Turn the car off! I'll help you, we'll help you.
    Last edited by drumnbasslvr; 06-29-2021 at 11:38 PM.