Thread: Help!!Tune not working

Help!!Tune not working

HI!! I just recently got my swap running. I have an LS1 out of a 1998 Z28. It has a Texas Speed Cam and 99 and newer new casting heads on it. The guy that put the tune in it put one in that was for another project. At start up it runs rich then levels out. The car drives then when it warms upstarts to throw codes and will even stop moving as if the tranny is out. If I turn the car off then fire up again it will drive. I'm new to reading tunes and was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is anything in this tune that stands out as a No No and how I can fix it. Thank you in advance.novatestrun patrick tune.hplNovaPatrickcomputer.hpt
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-25-2021 at 07:38 PM. Reason: added test run data

Did you get the 4l60e with the engine? Can you post a scanner log of the problem happening?
    2001 Silverado 5.3 - 209/217 cam, GT45 Turbo on 7lbs, Aem x-series wideband, 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors, on E85 with content sensor

1999 Silverado 6.0/4L80E Summit Stage one camshaft, 317 heads (replaced cast iron)

Hi Matt!! Thank you for the reply. Yes the motor and 4l60E all came out of the same car. The codes thrown are P0106 and P0507. I will run the scanner tool tomorrow and upload. Thanks again!

just added a small test run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIYpJelE0WY youtube link for P0106. The tune file has tons of problems. It's for a 6.0 instead of 5.7 so the cylinder volume is off. The spark tables are ok except for at idle, they look jacked up. The PE enable settings are off. Someone thoroughly jacked up this tune. Some stuff is ok and others are way off. Your fuel trims in the log are adding 30 percent fuel at times and are always high. Depending on your skill level, I would recommend getting a stock 5.7/4l60e tune and using the compare function to set most everything back to stock, and start over, or you need to take it to a tuner. There are so many parameters that someone has had their hands in, and most are not correct.
    2001 Silverado 5.3 - 209/217 cam, GT45 Turbo on 7lbs, Aem x-series wideband, 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors, on E85 with content sensor

1999 Silverado 6.0/4L80E Summit Stage one camshaft, 317 heads (replaced cast iron)