Thread: MAF Maxxed Out?

MAF Maxxed Out?

2020 A10 GT Twin Turbo. just recently switched to E85 and car is running great. Kind of on edge with my fuel system, Stock fuel pump, BAP, DW 1000cc Fuel injectors. Trying to keep less than 75%E in it that was I keep the volume down but gain some protection. I can see it starts to run out of fuel in the log. My main question is there a way to extend the range of my MAF?

I bought this kit used and the guy made 1100whp with it. I'm nowhere near that so I dont understand how my MAF is pegging out.

JAMES GEN3 053. 74% ETHANOL.hpt

6.04 60-130.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheriot View Post
    2020 A10 GT Twin Turbo. just recently switched to E85 and car is running great. Kind of on edge with my fuel system, Stock fuel pump, BAP, DW 1000cc Fuel injectors. Trying to keep less than 75%E in it that was I keep the volume down but gain some protection. I can see it starts to run out of fuel in the log. My main question is there a way to extend the range of my MAF?

I bought this kit used and the guy made 1100whp with it. I'm nowhere near that so I dont understand how my MAF is pegging out.

JAMES GEN3 053. 74% ETHANOL.hpt

6.04 60-130.hpl
    Exactly what Elliot said, or get a bigger MAF housing like the pmas 120mm MAF housing which is scaled to 165 lb/min which you?ll never hit

DO NOT try to open any files posted by 'ElliotAnderson', they are NOT HPT tune files.

Advanced Tuner
    Your kit has a smaller MAF housing than stock, the stock MAF sensor can read for much higher airflow

Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    Exactly what Elliot said, or get a bigger MAF housing like the pmas 120mm MAF housing which is scaled to 165 lb/min which you?ll never hit
    Did Elliot post something here? He must have deleted it.

I understand that a bigger MAF housing will work but I am curious as to how the last guy had it working with alot more power. He did not have a bigger MAF housing.

Advanced Tuner
    One way he may have got it is through the torque/inverse tables.
    You can increase or decrease the reading MAF lbs so you'd no longer max 83lbs. You can calculate less airflow by manipulating the torque tables. It's by no means right. Especially on an auto car that relies a lot more on torque calculations. Can cause bad drivability and thrown the rest of your tune off. Everything relying on load and torque.

It also seems like it would become a restriction of power.

Advanced Tuner
    high flow extended range sensor
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    high flow extended range sensor
    I called and talked to the guys at Lethal Performace and they said that no one really makes a drop in replacement sensor and that I should be able to make alot of power on the stock sensor.

There has to be some way for me to correct the MAF readings. One of the guys at lethal has a Hellion sleeper kit similar to my on3 kit and he is using the stock sensor and making more power than me.

The guy I bought my kit from also made 1100rwhp on his stock MAF.

made +1000hp in 85mm pipe...you dont need bigger pipe or replacement maf sensor...

You maf shows 600g/s max in a log as this is a log data limit to display. your PCM counts higher, you just cant see more in SAE log.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    made +1000hp in 85mm pipe...you dont need bigger pipe or replacement maf sensor...

You maf shows 600g/s max in a log as this is a log data limit to display. your PCM counts higher, you just cant see more in SAE log.
    Can you tell me why the MAF period and frequency stay maxed out? Shouldnt they count lower/higher as the rpm increases? They both seem flat once I'm in boost.

Lift pump isn't keeping up. Fuel system went into FMEM.