Thread: First time tuning: 5.4 triton w/ cat delete and CAI, also brand new engine

Potential Tuner

First time tuning: 5.4 triton w/ cat delete and CAI, also brand new engine

Title says it all really. I haven't yet bought a tuner but plan on getting an MPVI2 soon but wanted to get some advice here first. I downloaded the software and played around with a file from the same truck I have and just want to know what all I need to change on the file as far as things like COT, o2 sensors, and DTCs. It is a 2004 f150 with the 5.4 3v triton. Everything is stock besides that I have deleted the cats and muffler as well as having a K&N cold air intake. I also am currently having my engine replaced by a shop due to the original failing just a week or so ago. I attached screenshots of the areas I am uncertain about. I understand "downstream sensors" should be set to 0. Should the "general - sensors fitted" be kept at 2, 1, or 0? because I don't know if that is meaning the sensors per bank or sensors altogether? to me it would make sense that it means sensors per bank so in my case should be set to 1, but I really don't know. And I know COT should be disabled, but what about the o2 temp checks? Obviously the rears are being turned off but wouldn't it make sense for wanting data to still be read from the front 2 for proper AFR adjustment? and to be honest I have zero idea what the EGR test means. Same goes for exhaust manifold protection, i assume this should be left on in my case since everything is stock for the most part. Thanks in advance. Hope someone can point me in the right direction. I will also upload the file that I am playing around with, again it isn't mine but one from the same kind of truck/engine.

Potential Tuner
    What year is this for? Yours looks much different than my file as far as options and parameters go. I also see you have the catalyst test enabled?

Advanced Tuner
    You have it set right as far as what you're asking and your screenshots. Sensors fitted left at 2.