Thread: 10R80 Performance Lock

10R80 Performance Lock

Does anyone use the performance lock in HP tuners?

I don't like just turning stuff on without asking questions. Haha.

Factory has it all set to zero. My torque converter never locks under WOT.

2020 GT Twin Turbo. Stock Converter.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheriot View Post
    Does anyone use the performance lock in HP tuners?

I don't like just turning stuff on without asking questions. Haha.

Factory has it all set to zero. My torque converter never locks under WOT.

2020 GT Twin Turbo. Stock Converter.
    It should lock under WOT, you may be blowing past your locked limiter causing it to stay unlocked. Try raising the limiter Trans > Torque management> Torque converter > Locked torque limit, raise it about 100 lb ft above what you're actually making for head room. Just keep in mind 10r80 need at least clutches at anything over 700 lb ft of torque.
    ?Our greatest success comes from failure? -Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    It should lock under WOT, you may be blowing past your locked limiter causing it to stay unlocked. Try raising the limiter Trans > Torque management> Torque converter > Locked torque limit, raise it about 100 lb ft above what you're actually making for head room. Just keep in mind 10r80 need at least clutches at anything over 700 lb ft of torque.
    JAMES GEN3 056. fix idle.hpt

Here is my current tune. It looks like I turned those up originally when I was trying to get some of the nannies to go away. Its set to 1100ft lbs. I know about the clutch kits but was hoping to wait until I'm ready to buy a converter and do both. I thought it would be OK on wastegate pressure but when its in drive Its starts to feel sloppy at WOT shifts. All the more aggressive modes still feel good. I was thinking since my logs always show TCC slip at WOT that maybe it was the converter not locking that I'm feeling in the shifts because its not a slipping feeling, the car still pulls amazing.

**Edit**
    6.04 60-130.hpl

Here is a log of a 60-130 pull that shifted good earlier this week. This is in Drive and you can see how "TCC State Actual" never goes to "LOCK"
    Last edited by JamesTheriot; 06-24-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheriot View Post
    JAMES GEN3 056. fix idle.hpt

Here is my current tune. It looks like I turned those up originally when I was trying to get some of the nannies to go away. Its set to 1100ft lbs. I know about the clutch kits but was hoping to wait until I'm ready to buy a converter and do both. I thought it would be OK on wastegate pressure but when its in drive Its starts to feel sloppy at WOT shifts. All the more aggressive modes still feel good. I was thinking since my logs always show TCC slip at WOT that maybe it was the converter not locking that I'm feeling in the shifts because its not a slipping feeling, the car still pulls amazing.

**Edit**
    6.04 60-130.hpl

Here is a log of a 60-130 pull that shifted good earlier this week. This is in Drive and you can see how "TCC State Actual" never goes to "LOCK"
    your OSS maps for your base table looks like it set to shift really short, stock the 1-2 shift is usually 1700 rpm OSS. Something to look at. Also try copying your torque modulation alt 2 table (aka the table used for drag mode, to you standard torque modulation table that is used during drive. Basically copy the 1-2,2-3,3-4,4-5... all the way up to 10 but leave the skip shifting gears alone. see if that makes a change. Also im not sure on the last one but im sure you want you TCC unlocked to be less than your locked so the trans wont jump to that. you could also try diabling torque reduction and abuse mode all together thats what the bigger companies do on high horsepower. Its more harsh on the trans but if youre making 1000hp youre going to break things.
    ?Our greatest success comes from failure? -Confucius

Put " [ECM] 21451 - TCC Unlock Base OSS vs. Gear vs. Pedal Position" back to stock....

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumVelocity View Post
    Put " [ECM] 21451 - TCC Unlock Base OSS vs. Gear vs. Pedal Position" back to stock....
    From what I'm looking at, it is at the stock values.

Capture.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumVelocity View Post
    I dont believe I have ever touched the TCC values