Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wideband reading lean until hot

Wideband reading lean until hot

Im logging my maf sensor and the wide band reads really lean 15-16 till it gets hot then everything straightens out if i kill the engine for a min and start it back up it will do it again till i get going down the road and everything gets hot and all the numbers will start averaging back out and advice how to fix this problem thanks
    Last edited by codykeen0923; 07-04-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Is your open loop table set to 1.00 for all cells above 130 degrees??

And are all your fuel trims and closed loop turned off?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

yes my eq ratio chart is set to 1 from 122 up and stft and ltft is disable and closed loop enable is maxed out

It's more helpful if you post your tune and logs too.

As well as everything done to the this vehicle.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's more helpful if you post your tune and logs too.

As well as everything done to the this vehicle.
    sorry new to this how do i post tune and i dont have a log right now but i can make one tomorrow

I figured it out i posted the tune

5.3 bored to 5.7 flat top ls1 pistons
    btr stage 4 truck cam
    706 stock heads
    3000 stall converter 4l60e transmission
    36 lb pontiac gtp bosch injectors
    stock truck intake and throttle body
    long tube headers

The cylinder volume needs to change for the 5.7 engine size.

You offset data for the injectors looks wrong. I've never seen injector data like that. You're going to want to double check that. I have a stock GTP file and it does not jump up to 10+ at 14 volts.

ok thanks i got the injector data from here from searching Bosch 0 280 155 868 and ill change the cylinder volume

Ill change cylinder volume and injector data if you have the correct stuff

Senior Tuner
    Everything that 5FDP said is accurate. I'll also add that oxygen sensors aren't very accurate until they are warmed up. Does it run bad when the wideband is indicating this lean condition? What do your fuel trims look like? It could simply be that your fuel tables are a bit lean, and once it goes to closed loop, the PCM adds enough fuel to correct it.
    Basically, we need a datalog in order to give you a direction.

[QUOTE=kevin87turbot;655827]Everything that 5FDP said is accurate. I'll also add that oxygen sensors aren't very accurate until they are warmed up. Does it run bad when the wideband is indicating this lean condition? What do your fuel trims look like? It could simply be that your fuel tables are a bit lean, and once it goes to closed loop, the PCM adds enough fuel to correct it.
    Basically, we need a datalog in order to give you a direction.[/Q

yes my wideband indicates this condition and the truck is in open loop all the time the long and short term fuel trims are disabled im tuning the maf sensor it idles at 14.7 when i hit the gas at idle it leans and when im taking off then all those cells start leveling off perfect numbers but ill make a log and post it to show what im indicating maybe its normal i dont know but i did fix the problems with the injector offset and cylinder volume but im gonna go out and make a log and post it

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Everything that 5FDP said is accurate. I'll also add that oxygen sensors aren't very accurate until they are warmed up. Does it run bad when the wideband is indicating this lean condition? What do your fuel trims look like? It could simply be that your fuel tables are a bit lean, and once it goes to closed loop, the PCM adds enough fuel to correct it.
    Basically, we need a datalog in order to give you a direction.
    97 white truck maf tune step 6.hpt

can you please look at this and see why my ltft are active in my scanner they have been off i made some changes now there on and i cant get them off
    Last edited by codykeen0923; 07-05-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Disable the LTFT in the scanner, simple as that.

ok ill disable them they were all reading at 0 now the long terms are reading dont know what thats about

white truck log 1.hplwhite truck log 2.hpl

here are the logs the first one you can see how things smooth out driving but in the second log when your taking off the deeper you lay into the throttle the leaner it will go but it doesnt do that when you get up and going good all the numbers level out if i add fuel on the bottom its rich when im driving down the road and hitting the same cells
    Last edited by codykeen0923; 07-05-2021 at 05:59 PM.

does the maf have trouble down low and hitting the throttle in gear doesnt the ve table control idle and the mass airflow comes into affect up top bc i can dial the mass airflow in perfect driving around within 2 and 3% but as soon as i take off or rev the motor in gear its lean

Quote Originally Posted by doorev800 View Post
    when you are in dynamic mode (ve and maf enabled) the ecm uses both maf and ve for fueling from idle to 4000rpm or whatever your dynamic setting is, then it uses mostly filtered maf signal. That is why it is important to tune both maf and ve and then enable blended mode. After that things should fall in line with your trims as long as all other settings like injectors are set right.
    well im having trouble with the low end of the maf curve starting out lean when taking off and then the same cells straighten out after driving for a min then start out the drive way it will be lean as hell across the board and then they recalculate while driving and will be within reason

Tuner
    If I were you I would tune the ve and the maf then enable dynamic factory mode. These ecu's when in blended mode use both ve and maf for idle and off idle to your dynamic setpoint of usually 4000rpm. From there it uses mostly filtered maf signal.

Tune the ve and maf. Enable dyanmic mode, make sure your injector data is right, and the trims should be happy after that.
    2010 /2SS/Long Tubes/ Magnaflow axle back/LSA Conversion/ 2 bar OS running / Stock Blower Pulley...for now

Tuner
    I just focus on tuning the maf and ve individually and not worry about the driveability. I try to get good, clean logs of all the zones in the ve and maf. After, when my afr error is good, I re-enable dynamic and things usually are close and happy.
    2010 /2SS/Long Tubes/ Magnaflow axle back/LSA Conversion/ 2 bar OS running / Stock Blower Pulley...for now