Thread: 2007 Grand Cherokee Tire size reprogram issue egs5 init procedure not available

Potential Tuner

2007 Grand Cherokee Tire size reprogram issue egs5 init procedure not available

I can successfully reprogram the tire size in scanner. The instructions state to do an egs5x init afterwards but I dont have this option anywhere. To the best of my knowledge this was the only transmission available so Im trying to figure out if Im missing the button or if theres a TCM variant that doesnt offer this procedure.

4.7 v8 awd for the record.

When I pull my tune down in the transmission section it is set to a580 -> disabled.

Not sure if I got some fluke first year 4 speed maybe. I just dont want to cause harm to the transmission having changed the tire size calculations

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by stomis View Post
    I can successfully reprogram the tire size in scanner. The instructions state to do an egs5x init afterwards but I dont have this option anywhere. To the best of my knowledge this was the only transmission available so Im trying to figure out if Im missing the button or if theres a TCM variant that doesnt offer this procedure.

4.7 v8 awd for the record.

When I pull my tune down in the transmission section it is set to a580 -> disabled.

Not sure if I got some fluke first year 4 speed maybe. I just dont want to cause harm to the transmission having changed the tire size calculations
    Did you find a solution?
    Jonah A. Cunningham
    Cunningham Performance LLC
    Owner