Thread: MPVI2 Overheating and timing out

MPVI2 Overheating and timing out

OK... this is getting ridiculous... We are a full service shop and we use our MPVI2 interface daily.... over the past month we started to see it fail on read's and lock up on datalogs.. Now its to the point where we can't even do a simple 15min read with out it timing out due to heat... WE literally have to put the interface in a refrigerator and blow a fan on it while it reads to capture a full 15 min read..

Anyone else have this problem..?

What is the process of getting a replacement unit and transferring our licenses

Thank you for the help in advance

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I've had this same issue. Mine comes after logging for 10 or 15 minutes, then trying to reflash the ECU with a new tune. It will time out half way through. The fix has been to unplug the MPVI2 from both the OBDII and USB for a few minutes to let it cool down.