Thread: Duramax LML Injectors in 07 Cummins 6.7

Potential Tuner

Duramax LML Injectors in 07 Cummins 6.7

Hello,
    For the experts in the diesel tuning world. I am a race engine builder in the gas world. I am wondering if there is any reason I can not run a
    duramax LML top feed injector in a Cummins, as far as the injector driver's go? I need to know if the impedance of the coil can be driven as
    well as if there is any different frequency that the pwm is needed for the lml coil vs the 6.7 injector coil. I have reason to do this for a customer/friend
    racing engine project I am working on. I need expert info on weather or not I can use these injectors with a stock computer. If not, can anybody
    tell me a top feed/return style injector that will work as far as electronics go. I have the means and capability to modify things physically to fit these
    injectors. I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    CC

The Cummins CM2100 ecm will not fire the LML Piezio injectors correctly. You need to stick with similar ECM for Injectors which would bring you to another problem getting a EDC17 ECM to work in an Inline firing order will not work. If your using a cummins head I would Recommend sticking with Solenoid based injectors and ECM. You might even consider talking to DDP about your project and get their honest opinion. I know they have messed around with more swap kind of projects like this then most people I have talked to at other injection shops. You might be able to get away with an earlier top ish feed injector from duramax like LBZ/LMM to fire on the CM2100 ECM but again that question might be best answered by DDP on what PWM frequency and driver voltage you will be dealing with.