Thread: 6L80e triple disc converter now odd shifting/lockup

Senior Tuner

6L80e triple disc converter now odd shifting/lockup

Had a single disc circle D in, all was well. Now it engages really harsh in 5th especially, 4th seems little wonky at times. Played with it and eventually turned lockup off and realize it still has some harsh shifts in those gears, barely if at all pulls timing for torque management to take load off for shifts (if you look at log timing dip in 1-2, 2-3 looks normal 3-4 and ESPECIALLY 4-5 sometimes doesnt pull anything, but 5-6 goes back to normal timing dip and feels fine

Kinda caught my eye after enable/disable Shift Lock doesnt do anything different like it doesnt function, virtual torque values are consistant for all shifts so should be acting the same. Shift times are .3 tenths on normal ones and super quik .05 seconds on the harsh stuff??
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Senior Tuner
    I'm only looking at the 3-4 shift at 1m43s into the log to keep the focus narrow.

3-4 is really ramping the oncoming clutch pressure fast. She's shifting like a built 4L60

Your tune is not far from stock so I am surprised you are seeing that with the changes that you do have in there.

Presuming no mechanical issues here, double check your fluid level, set shift pattern types back to stock, put max pressure values back to stock and do an adapt reset / preset then go through the learning drive cycles. And put that shift lock switch back to disabled (OEM setting).

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that. But it's only an 60 minutes of your time to try the above so might be worth your effort.

Grabbed a stock tune off the repository that matches your TCM OS 24267577. It was marked as stock so I have used that to base my comments off. If you have the stock version of yours that would be better to go off.
    Attached Files Attached Files