Thread: Is my fuel pump maxed out???

Tuner in Training

Is my fuel pump maxed out???

2010 Camaro SS Bolt ons with a tsp stage 3 na cam. Stock fuel pump with FIC 540cc injectors and e85. In my last log I noticed my commanded fuel pump DC is 100% but requested pressure still matches actual pressure. Is this an indication that the pump is closed to being maxed out or am i still okay since the pressure is still in check. All stock FPCM FSCM settings, should any of these be changed?? 21-06-24 16-28-10.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2016SSlt1 View Post
    2010 Camaro SS Bolt ons with a tsp stage 3 na cam. Stock fuel pump with FIC 540cc injectors and e85. In my last log I noticed my commanded fuel pump DC is 100% but requested pressure still matches actual pressure. Is this an indication that the pump is closed to being maxed out or am i still okay since the pressure is still in check. All stock FPCM FSCM settings, should any of these be changed?? 21-06-24 16-28-10.hpl
    I am seeing your actual fuel pressure drop to 49PSI when requested is 58PSI. This would indicte it is not keeping up. Do you have a wideband you are logging?

Post the calibration file too.

Tuner in Training
    I do have a wideband. Fueling is pretty much spot on. Its listed in the channel list as WB EQ Ratio 1. From my understanding the Desired Fuel Pressure should match Fuel pressure, which it does, unless this information is incorrect. According to the FSCM table Max desired pressure my pressure should drop to 50 Psi like it is doing in the log. My concern was that the Duty Cycle goes to 100%, which it would not do before the cam and recent tuning.

I am assuming the additional airflow increases the fuel flow, which now is commanding more open loop pump DC. I would just like to confirm that this is in fact true and I am safe with my stock pump.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2016SSlt1 View Post
    I do have a wideband. Fueling is pretty much spot on. Its listed in the channel list as WB EQ Ratio 1. From my understanding the Desired Fuel Pressure should match Fuel pressure, which it does, unless this information is incorrect. According to the FSCM table Max desired pressure my pressure should drop to 50 Psi like it is doing in the log. My concern was that the Duty Cycle goes to 100%, which it would not do before the cam and recent tuning.

I am assuming the additional airflow increases the fuel flow, which now is commanding more open loop pump DC. I would just like to confirm that this is in fact true and I am safe with my stock pump.
    I missed the wide band data, my bad. Looks good there.

You are logging two desired fuel pressures, one reads 58PSI and one reads 50PSI. If the lower one is the correct parameter then you look like you are hitting the requested pressure.

Yes, as the airflow increases the fuel flow rate calculated by the ECM will increase(this also determines high or low flow states) which gets sent via CAN to the FSCM and is part of what drives pump duty cycle. So you will see pump duty cycle change with airflow increases.

If your lambda looks good and the 100% duty cycle is a brief high load/high rpm event then looks ok. 100% duty cycle isn't friendly to the pump for all the time but this isn't the case.

Do you have a calibration file you can post?

Tuner in Training
    I don't have my laptop on me right now but can post the calibration file up later. Thanks