Porsche 911 RS tune

Any one have a stock tune on 911 RS

Potential Tuner
    you need tune file or original file ?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes base tune file

I need a Original File if you have one please

Potential Tuner
    Hi, is there any documentation specific to 991.1 GT3 that I can look at before deciding to tune? I have MPVI2 but trying to compare the tables between CobbAp and HPT for this vehicle, plan on doing E85 tune on otherwise stock GT3. There are not Porsche maps in the repo that I can find.
    Last edited by natecroix; 02-09-2022 at 12:58 PM.

Anyone get there hands on a GT3 file yet?

Potential Tuner
    I just got a 2015 991 GT3 and I want to add a tune, does anyone have one already done or can help me make the tune?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dietersmotors View Post
    I just got a 2015 991 GT3 and I want to add a tune, does anyone have one already done or can help me make the tune?
    Hi, yes I made a tune for my .1 that has been running for 5k+ miles and multiple trackdays. and I would be happy to share what I learned.

Potential Tuner
    I haven't tried e85 yet because last I checked HPT does not have log parameters for injector SOI/EOI or duty cycle. I also have concerns about the HPFP + e85 lack of lubricity that have kept me from trying ethanol yet. There is VP100oct readily available where I'm at, so I've been tuning for ~96oct blend that works well for street and trackdays. I have tried straight 100oct but this was more for diagnosing Cyl#3 knock counts that were occuring at 3-5k rpm and I haven't really worked to build a full 100oct tune yet.

I do want to try for E85 or even E30-E50 tune at some point, but without being able to log injector SOI /EOI I have been hesitant. Perhaps I will make a harness and tap injector wires to log with oscilloscope along with crank position. I am sure the car has the fuel system overhead to run e85 however I would not want the fueling events @ WOT to start too early or extend too far due to fears of combustion inconsistency, potential oil contamination which may increase FF wear, etc. Hence why I want to log injector phasing and really understand what is happening with the fuel system in depth before trying ethanol.

The current 96 Oct tune is fairly rich compared to the factory tune, which seems to make better power and improves the consistency of the car on trackdays. Prior to the tune, the car would drop power after 10-15 minutes of hotlapping due to what I'm guessing is thermal modeling and thermal management. After the tune the power seems much more consistent on track. I have also adjusted the catalyst protection fuel comps to compensate for richer target lambda base.

With aftermarket valved exhaust, fattening up areas around exhaust flap valve transition made the car behave a lot better during exhaust flap opening, improving drivability and joy of blipping the valve driving through an underpass. The .1's don't seem to naturally compensate fueling during the exhaust flap events very well, especially when running aftermarket valved exhaust. .2's seems to behave a lot better in this regard. I have yet to really figure out the VE tables in a way that is repeatable, so fueling changes for the most part are accomplished with target lambda.

I suspect that there are some torque limits that intervene when fueling error exceeds a certain threshold for a threshold time. I have noticed that immediately after a reflash that modifies VE tables, exceeding 10% STFT causes what feels like brief throttle closure or some other means of torque management until the STFT's are closer to 0. After driving for 10-15 minutes, something must happen with VE table learning because the fueling errors are reduced and the brief torque reduction on fast transients goes away. Unfortunately the logging speed on MPVI2 is not fast enough to catch these interventions.

Even with the factory calibration, I have had consistent issues with knock counts at 3-5k rpm on Cyl#3 and less on Cyl#2 that have really prevented me from pushing the ignition timing. I am recently thinking that this is some vibration or mechanical noise (hopefully not FF related) because the knock counts remain even after testing significant timing reduction in the problem areas. I have however found slight gains in power at lower rpm's by decreasing timing by 2-3deg at high load, namely around exhaust flap opening load/rpm. This is probably due to free flowing aftermarket valved exhaust. The factory ignition timing map seems fairly aggressive for pump fuel, and I doubt that most GT3's will benefit significantly from increased timing at peak torque to redline unless running better fuel.

Happy to answer any questions you have for your remap project.
    Last edited by natecroix; 1 Week Ago at 12:06 AM.