Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stock 5.3 2000 silverado

Tuner in Training

stock 5.3 2000 silverado

ok, I'm a newbie, I was wondering if someone with great knowledge working a HP tuner could view my attached file tune on my 79 cutlass LS swap 5.3 2000 silverado and the engine is bone stock, no add ones only but shorty s10 headers. my main concern was with the TPS % being at .4% and my timing is reading between 13-23 degrees.Attachment 111148
    Last edited by Undre75; 06-26-2021 at 07:59 PM.

Check on that MAP sensor, it's stuck at 104kpa. It's either the sensor or the channel froze while logging it.

Looks like the exhaust isn't complete either because neither o2 sensor is working.

The timing fluctuation is normal, it's going to move around. Just look at the timing tables in the editor to see how they work.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I was concerned about MAP reading 104kpa and far as the O2 sensors what could be done i have two new ones

450mv on the scanner means they don't have power or disconnected.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    disconnected via tune or O2 sensors themselves have not power

The sensors themselves have a power/ground type problem and that's why the scanner shows 450mv

Tuner in Training
    if my LTFT are disabled in VCM editor should I enable it and the would solve the O2 sensor issues because my harness is ground in three different areas from the wiring harness

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Check on that MAP sensor, it's stuck at 104kpa. It's either the sensor or the channel froze while logging it.

Looks like the exhaust isn't complete either because neither o2 sensor is working.

The timing fluctuation is normal, it's going to move around. Just look at the timing tables in the editor to see how they work.
    thank you

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Undre75 View Post
    if my LTFT are disabled in VCM editor should I enable it and the would solve the O2 sensor issues because my harness is ground in three different areas from the wiring harness
    The tune won't affect this issue. Like 5FDP indicated, It's a power supply or a ground problem.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    the tune won't affect this issue. Like 5fdp indicated, it's a power supply or a ground problem.
    ok thanks for the information

Tuner in Training
    Ok far as my MAP reading 104kpa. what can I do to fix this issue

I assume that question means you do not have a service manual (or do, but don't know what it's for)?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I assume that question means you do not have a service manual (or do, but don't know what it's for)?
    I know what it is for. I want to know what's some solutions if any

Double check that the scanner is reading it correctly. Try removing the MAP sensor channel in the scanner, then connect to the vehicle with the scanner, click vehicle at the top and down to re-poll for supported parameters. Re-add the MAP channel back into the channels list and start scanning again. See if the channel still reports 104kpa all the time.

If it's not a scanner issue, diagnostics for P0108 will tell you step by step what to check with much greater precision than what I could suggest here.

Tuner in Training
    Double check that the scanner is reading it correctly. Try removing the MAP sensor channel in the scanner, then connect to the vehicle with the scanner, click vehicle at the top and down to re-poll for supported parameters. Re-add the MAP channel back into the channels list and start scanning again. See if the channel still reports 104kpa all the time.
    thanks you going to do that now

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    If it's not a scanner issue, diagnostics for P0108 will tell you step by step what to check with much greater precision than what I could suggest here.
    ok thank you and I'll keep you posted.

Tuner in Training
    still the same

Tuner in Training
    [QUOTE=5FDP;654931]Double check that the scanner is reading it correctly. Try removing the MAP sensor channel in the scanner, then connect to the vehicle with the scanner, click vehicle at the top and down to re-poll for supported parameters. Re-add the MAP channel back into the channels list and start scanning again. See if the channel still reports 104kpa all the time.[/Q

I test my MAP sensor connector at the harness and I'm getting the correct reading from my ground with key on and the 5 volt wire read 5 volts with key on. Its my MAP sensor itself.

Tuner in Training
    my O2 sensor are the wrong ones. I was told to get the 99 firebird upstream O2's, which have a shorter element at the center of the O2's. which I need the ones with the long element at the center. I looked the up and the center element one is short and the other is long. hopefully that solve my issue with the O2's